New Microwave

Linksdale replied on 09/07/2024 14:06

Posted on 09/07/2024 14:06

The Daewoo microwave in my 2018 Unicorn IV packed in. Enquiries revealed that the Russell Hobbs RHM2063AH is the current replacement. Prima and other outlets retail this at £80. The very helpful Prima people advised me that I would need a ‘UN4 Russell Hobbs Microwave Retro Fit Kit’, however, quote –" we are not able to sell this part to customers directly due to the fact that it needs to be fitted by a professional.” Their listed price, including the oven, an eyewatering £442.97! but they did send me a link to locate my nearest friendly Bailey retailer who would be only too glad to quote his hourly labour rate for the job. Needless to say Currys and my screwdriver won the day.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/07/2024 14:43

Posted on 09/07/2024 14:43

OK different models have different fitments but we had the Russell Hobbs in our Alliance Motorhome and it didn't have much of a surround, it looked as if it was just in where a cupboard would have been. We had to change the Daewoo in our previous motorhome. We found a Sharpe Microwave. It was a bit smaller so a slightly large gap around the microwave.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 09/07/2024 15:42

Posted on 09/07/2024 15:42

A gap around the microwave is good as LV manufacturers usually build them in without sufficient air gap to allow ventilation. The result is the M/Ws overheat and cut out 😕

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook