Motorhome ramps

wye replied on 30/04/2018 10:08

Posted on 30/04/2018 10:08

Morning 

Starting to get accessories together for our new Motorhome due to arrive in a few weeks .

Recommend ramps please stepped type ?

Bike cover for 2 bike rack ?

Silver screens?

Thanks 

Tinwheeler replied on 30/04/2018 10:37

Posted on 30/04/2018 10:37

Ramps - we have the ordinary yellow Milenco ones which I think are the same as [Deleted User User] has surplus to his requirements. See The Social Room. 

Bike cover - sorry, no knowledge. 

External screens - we have Taylormade but Silverscreens are equally as good. They do the job. 

Bakers2 replied on 30/04/2018 16:41

Posted on 30/04/2018 16:41

Lucky people 😃.

We have the black 4 step Milenco ramps and an external silverscreen, if I were buying again I'd go for the longer length but we close the air vent to stop draughts 😉 as we didn' choose that option. We used a motorbike cover,  surplus to requirements after bike sold, covered 2 bikes with material to spare held tight by bungy straps.

brue replied on 30/04/2018 17:07

Posted on 30/04/2018 17:07

We have the Milenco Quattro ramps ( we bought cheaper ramps at first and one gave way.) They are quite bulky but we've got storage space.

We've never used silver screens and we motorhome all year round.

We take bikes and sometimes cover them with an old groundsheet but we tend to avoid extra work with covers etc. bikes can be quite bulky. The main thing is to secure with good locks etc.

Enjoy your new van, happy travels. smile

Bakers2 replied on 30/04/2018 17:17

Posted on 30/04/2018 17:17

We have the Milenco Quattro ramps ( we bought cheaper ramps at first and one gave way.) They are quite bulky but we've got storage space.

Thats the name of them. We too had the yellow ones, not as robust, they cracked on the thinnest part and weren't really wide enough for the tyres. I agree they're bulkier but we store under a seat. They are one of those things handy when you need them but often we get level enough without them. Club sites where you have to pitch to the peg cause the issue usually 😉

Daisy3 replied on 30/04/2018 20:19

Posted on 30/04/2018 20:19

Sold our motorhome earlier this year but when I first bought it I used the Fiamma yellow stepped ramps that I had had for my campervan...they didn't last long!  Moved to the Milenco Quattro ramps and they were fantastic.  Quite large but worked really well.  I kept them when we moved over to our little Caravan but quickly realised they were overkill so need to get around to selling them.  If I was getting a motorhome again though I would def buy again.  Silver screens - the van (2nd hand) came with the ones that sucker to inside of Windows but they weren't great...kept falling off and nightmare for condensation.  Eventually invested in genuine "silverscreens" and worth the money (another legacy motorhome item I need to get around to selling!).  Meant we didn't have to use cab curtains at night and kept front of van at cat friendly temperatures :-). Enjoy your new motorhome!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook