Motor Mover Plus MotorGlide lubrication

Ray55 replied on 12/05/2018 15:00

Posted on 12/05/2018 15:00

RE Motor Mover Plus Motorglide by Motor Mover Ltd

I had one of these fitted several years ago at the Ashbourne Unit by the designer and manufacturer.  After care service was excellent.

I know I should have lubricated the piston annually but have not done so past three years. It is a simple job but I can't remember which bolt to release or is it the split pin that is removed. I still have the lubricant spray recommended by the designer. 

The website for the company do not seem to be in existence now. Possibly the company has closed. Has anyone got one of these fitted and who can remind me how to release the piston so I can spray the appropriate parts?

Ray

Ray55 replied on 03/04/2021 13:47

Posted on 12/05/2018 15:00 by Ray55

RE Motor Mover Plus Motorglide by Motor Mover Ltd

I had one of these fitted several years ago at the Ashbourne Unit by the designer and manufacturer.  After care service was excellent.

I know I should have lubricated the piston annually but have not done so past three years. It is a simple job but I can't remember which bolt to release or is it the split pin that is removed. I still have the lubricant spray recommended by the designer. 

The website for the company do not seem to be in existence now. Possibly the company has closed. Has anyone got one of these fitted and who can remind me how to release the piston so I can spray the appropriate parts?

Ray

Posted on 03/04/2021 13:47

I wonder if I can raise this question again. I did not get any response when last posted. 

commeyras replied on 03/04/2021 14:55

Posted on 03/04/2021 14:55

Ray, can't help with lubrication of your mover but looking at the picture I see the electrical contacts are exposed.  Most movers have a rubber tube which fits over these contacts.  Mine have disappeared in the course of time so I have covered them with duct tape to help keep them clean.

Ray55 replied on 03/04/2021 15:28

Posted on 03/04/2021 15:28

Thank you Comeyra.  I'll give them a good going over when it warms up a bit.  I have lubricated them in the past with no problems just couldn't remember which bolt to release. I sort it thanks.

allsopn replied on 14/07/2021 16:09

Posted on 14/07/2021 16:09

Hi ray, I have one of these movers fitted, don't suppose you could tell me the lubricant they recommended to you, we don't really know anything it, didn't know you should lubricate anything?????

Ray55 replied on 01/05/2023 15:40

Posted on 14/07/2021 16:09 by allsopn

Hi ray, I have one of these movers fitted, don't suppose you could tell me the lubricant they recommended to you, we don't really know anything it, didn't know you should lubricate anything?????

Posted on 01/05/2023 15:40

Hi Allsopn, I am so sorry I just saw your post from 2021. Not sure if you still need the information but the chap who designed and produced this motor mover  advised us to use a White Lithium Grease once a year on the hydraulic moving part. ( It comes in a spray can just like WD40 )  See link below from Amazon. 

I have what we think is a noisy bearing also but was working okay.  Then just this weekend I tried to use the mover and we are not getting any movement at all. The rollers are not travelling up to the tyres, even though the motors are working. 

I will try again to locate someone who can do repairs on these motors. If anyone knows of someone. ( Especially around the North East of England, please let me know.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Professional-White-Lithium-Grease/dp/B0032NIWHK/ref=asc_df_B0032NIWHK/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218069938759&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1279926895565246242&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007238&hvtargid=pla-421639906043&th=1

Ray55 replied on 03/06/2023 16:36

Posted on 03/06/2023 16:36

Got around to lubrication the mover again and this time made a little video but seems we can't post videos here. Shame. 

So okay using the lubricant shown above loosen and remove the bold supporting the piston. Then remove the nut identified in the second image that has a split pin keeping it in situ on the inside of the mover mechanism. Push the unit upwards and spray best you can on the metal that slides against each other.  

Just realised that best way for me to post video ( easiest way ) is via a Youtube link. 

https://youtu.be/elQ_48a1_QU

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook