Milenco Wraith wheel lock

Fozzie replied on 07/08/2021 23:37

Posted on 07/08/2021 23:37

Can anyone that uses the above wheel lock have "issues" with the wheel lock when removing.On mine I have to wiggle to bottom out the key,and then I have found I have to turn the key quite slowly to the right to release the locking mechanism.This is possibly allowing the three ball bearings in the lock to line up with the holes.

It is just the first time I had to remove it,it took me ages thinking it was stuck onto the security wheel stud.

I will contact Milenco,to see what they say,but I have already disposed of the over elaborate plastic blown case!

eribaMotters replied on 08/08/2021 09:38

Posted on 08/08/2021 09:38

Try a ptfe spray, silicon, not WD40 or other oil spray. You need something dry. Foliac [carbon powder] is best if you have any. Any wet lubricant eventually attracts dirt and dust and guns up.

Colin

ScreenName0E597EF81D replied on 05/07/2022 20:23

Posted on 07/08/2021 23:37 by Fozzie

Can anyone that uses the above wheel lock have "issues" with the wheel lock when removing.On mine I have to wiggle to bottom out the key,and then I have found I have to turn the key quite slowly to the right to release the locking mechanism.This is possibly allowing the three ball bearings in the lock to line up with the holes.

It is just the first time I had to remove it,it took me ages thinking it was stuck onto the security wheel stud.

I will contact Milenco,to see what they say,but I have already disposed of the over elaborate plastic blown case!

Posted on 05/07/2022 20:23

I have just bought a Wraith and have major problems getting the lock off as well. Did you manage to get your money back from Milenco or the dealer?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook