Milenco mirror

Poshman replied on 25/08/2019 11:51

Posted on 25/08/2019 11:51

Before I start trawling through the internet, has anyone a spare Milenco Aero mirror they might care to part with? Lost one on the  London North Orbital after  a big HGV whooshed past me.Obviously I hadn't tightenend it on hard enough!! Too dangerous to stop and go hunting for it because of intense traffic.

Thanks.

richardandros replied on 28/08/2019 05:22

Posted on 28/08/2019 05:22

Do what I did when the same thing happened to me - buy another pair and then you will have a spare in case it happens again 😀

ocsid replied on 28/08/2019 10:02

Posted on 28/08/2019 10:02

Having had my pocket "hurt" by the same many years back I have added to each a short lanyard with plastic "clip" to hook around the car's mirror and back on the cord. The Milenco "blocks" have the spare holes to fix the lanyards to.

Not had cause to find that it works, expect it would rattle a bit against the door but probably survive with no consequential damage.

https://www.sailboats.co.uk/rwo-nylon-spring-hook-4mm

It also helped that with the old blocks without a rubber gripper pad, adding an off cut "band" of racing bike inner tube, to place over the clamp's tang,  provided that same much need extra grip.

Poshman replied on 28/08/2019 18:42

Posted on 28/08/2019 18:42

Have now purchased another Milenco mirror off Ebay but thanks for the advice given. Think I will attach a cord to stop the mirrors from coming off again.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook