Megasat Help please

dcw2806 replied on 12/05/2019 15:45

Posted on 12/05/2019 15:45

I have recently bought a 2011 Bailey Orion with a Megasat fitted to the roof. I personally hate how they look and having already damaged the dome just cleaning it, I am not sure we are going to get on. There is no instruction manual with it and having tried it, it does one rotation and then get jammed and won't move any further. I have been told they are amazing and I should try to get it to work but does anyone have experience of them and know if it is broken as it keeps sticking, or if its worth trying to sort it. I haven't had anything plugged into it when we have tried it so don't know if thats the problem as I think we may need a set top box of some description? I am assuming it was fitted in 2011 when the caravan was new. It says model no WSTA-DP200P on the back of the dish. Also does anyone have any experience of removing them as I would be happy with just a digital aerial which would look nicer and be less complicated. The caravan has an alu tech body and I am assuming there are now holes drilled in it to for the Megasat so not sure how easy it would be to make good the roof after removal.

lornalou1 replied on 12/05/2019 16:55

Posted on 12/05/2019 16:55

if you just bought it why not take back to dealer ( if that's where you purchased) and claim a warranty issue.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook