Lock 'n Level-good old fashioned customer service

richardandros replied on 12/04/2019 14:40

Posted on 12/04/2019 14:40

I’ve been a user of L’n L for the past five years, indeed it’s been in constant use since I bought it (although not always inflated), primarily to allow the fitting of the twin Alko wheel locks when the van is stored at home. It is probably the best bit of caravanning kit I have bought.

However when we were packing up to leave a site, last month, I noticed that in the space of a week, the front half of the air bag had deflated.  Fortunately, I had closed the transfer valve, so no damage to the van was caused.

On our return home, I made a phone call to Derek Ibbotson (one of the Directors of Delter Culson) and he explained that they had noticed that after protracted use, there had been some instances of the material of the air bag delaminating, thereby allowing the air to escape and that, given the age and usage of mine, that was probably the cause. (On hard ground, it has always been placed on top of a heavy duty rubber mat to protect against punctures.)

I was about to bite the bullet and order a new one – at a cost of £200, when Derek said that wouldn’t be necessary and that they could repair mine by fitting a new air bag and using the existing valves and plates etc. I won’t reveal the cost but it was significantly less than half of the cost of a new one.

How many companies does anyone know that would do that (and after 5 years)??!!

Within, 12 days, they had repaired the air bag, left it on test for a week and sent in back to me in time for our next trip away.  What’s more it came with a new storage bag and spare valve caps.

What a pleasure it has been to deal with such a company, which truly does value customer loyalty.

(Just before anyone thinks the obvious, I have no connection with the company other than as a satisfied customer and have received no financial incentive for writing this post)

Whittakerr replied on 12/04/2019 14:46

Posted on 12/04/2019 14:46

Good to hear. I have a lock 'n' level but for a single axle. I've had mine for 4 years but probably not used as much as yours. I also have a rubber mat to put it on for protection against punctures. Wouldn't be without it now.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook