Leaking toilet seat when pink flush is used

T7VVY replied on 10/11/2020 13:41

Posted on 10/11/2020 13:41

I have a lunar clubman 2014 with s Thetford cassette.when we flush with pink fluid it has started leaking from under the seat lid.

I have removed the seat and unscrewed the black seal that holds the pipe that releases the fluid into the bowl.behind that is a rubber pipe which is not connected to anything....which I presume is there to stop any leakage into the compartment or out of the seat itself.

I have cleaned everything put it all back but leaking even worse now...

ANY IDEAS PLEASE.

Tinwheeler replied on 10/11/2020 14:07

Posted on 10/11/2020 14:07

Yes, stop using the pink. It’s not necessary and seems to cause algae build up. That is a serious suggestion, btw.

I suspect it is merely splash back from the flushing action and the pink makes it noticeable. Clear water would likely go unnoticed.

JillwithaJay replied on 10/11/2020 14:15

Posted on 10/11/2020 14:15

Is it perhaps because of 'too vigorously' flushing the loo rather than a leak?  I stopped using the pink years ago - because of the dreaded black streaks -  and just flush with clear water but have a diluted spray of Zoflora to sanitize the bowl.

Tinwheeler replied on 10/11/2020 14:46

Posted on 10/11/2020 14:46

Good point, Jill. Flushing the bowl as you would a conventional toilet will both cause splash back and fill the cassette quicker than you can blink. A more restrained approach is best.🚽😀

replied on 10/11/2020 14:51

Posted on 10/11/2020 14:46 by Tinwheeler

Good point, Jill. Flushing the bowl as you would a conventional toilet will both cause splash back and fill the cassette quicker than you can blink. A more restrained approach is best.🚽😀

Posted on 10/11/2020 14:51

It certainly would not cause a problem on my vans as that is the ay that I drained the flush water at the end of a tour before the final empty of the trip

markflip replied on 14/11/2020 11:53

Posted on 14/11/2020 11:53

I'm struggling to think how water can get from the flush tank to where it leaks from under the seat, unless the 'jet' in the bowl is partially blocked/clogged causing it to spray upwards?  Clean inside the jet with a pipe cleaner/bit of wire or baby's bottle teat brush??

I third the advice to stop using pink (it may be a blob of black mould causing your issue?) - I've been using a capful of Zoflora (or a cheaper 'pound shop' version) in the flush tank for the last 2 years, it gives a nice odour the flush and is disinfectant so has stopped any mould growth in the tank.

You should be able to flush continuously without any leakage as EasyT says (I do the same to drain the flush tank 'in use' if I need to).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook