Isabella waterproofing

Bear100 replied on 05/06/2017 21:55

Posted on 05/06/2017 21:55

Hi all, I waterproofed my Isabella awning last year using Aquatex and it worked well, it is quite expensive for the aerosol cans, I have seen Fabsil which can be used in a pump sprayer and looks like much better value, has anyone used it on an isabella? Any pros and cons 

ValDa replied on 06/06/2017 08:51

Posted on 06/06/2017 08:51

Not on an Isabella, but I can't see the make of awning would make a difference, and it works very well.  How often do you intend to waterproof it if you only did it last year.  I think we did our awning just once after quite a few years, and the waterproofing lasted until 2015 when the awning was fifteen years old without needing to be done again.  The awning fabric cover was stolen that year, or it might still have been waterproof today.

SteveL replied on 06/06/2017 09:40

Posted on 06/06/2017 09:40

I would agree on the frequency Val. Not an Awning but our larger frame tent we did at most 3 times in the 16 years we used it. That was Fabsil, and these type of products have generally improved over time.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook