Isabella Magnum 250 Coal Awning.

j100bba replied on 25/07/2017 08:50

Posted on 25/07/2017 08:50

Hi Folks,

I bought the above porch awning new and it came with the usual awning skirt and wheel arch cover that are both very good quality, but the wheel arch cover comes with three press studs already attached and several "press stud receivers" that have to be screwed into the side of the Caravan!

I am not going to do this for all the usual warranty reasons so would like your advice as to how Folk with the same awning have overcome this problem??

I have bought another wheel arch cover that uses "suckers" to fix to the Caravan but spend more time sticking the suckers back on than actually enjoying my awning!

Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.

Whittakerr replied on 25/07/2017 11:55

Posted on 25/07/2017 11:55

I use a Draught Stoppa from Jaid Designs for the wheel arch. Google it. I think they are about £15 but give a very neat and effective solution to your issue.

KjellNN replied on 25/07/2017 12:52

Posted on 25/07/2017 12:52

I used a piece of marine ply with an adjustable support  "leg" to make a cover to fit into the top part of the arch. This then has a small section of awning  channel fixed  across it that holds that section of the skirt.

mazvw42 replied on 25/07/2017 13:27

Posted on 25/07/2017 13:27

We have exactly the same awning and I am very pleased with it.  I used suction hooks (they are made of clear floppy plastic normally) on the caravan wheel arch and then made small holes in the material to loop the hooks through.  It works really well and does not come off. 

OrionCalls replied on 26/07/2017 18:14

Posted on 26/07/2017 18:14

Isabella do a universal wheel arch cover . They had them at a reduced price at last years  NEC show

http://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/miscellaneous/details/universal-wheel-arch-cover

Merve replied on 26/07/2017 19:07

Posted on 26/07/2017 18:14 by OrionCalls

Isabella do a universal wheel arch cover . They had them at a reduced price at last years  NEC show

http://www.isabella.net/uk/accessories/miscellaneous/details/universal-wheel-arch-cover

Posted on 26/07/2017 19:07

I bought one of these and they are very good. They look smart and cover very well. They are easy to install- just take your time! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook