Isabella Cirrus 400 Air Awning

brieandbertie replied on 26/08/2022 22:03

Posted on 26/08/2022 22:03

Hello, can I ask if any one in the Club has an Isabella Cirrus 400 Air Awning ?

I ask this because the air legs that should fit to the caravan side do not.

The reason it does not fit is because the air leg is too long and goes over  the

skirt channel which forces it away from the side of the van, leaving a gap,

I have spoken with Isabella who have come up with 2 ideas which do not work,

one to lower the air pressure, the other is to secure the leg tight under the van 

and then increase the air this only pushes the leg further from  the van side.

Advice please.

richardandros replied on 27/08/2022 06:54

Posted on 27/08/2022 06:54

When I first read this, I was confused because all the air awnings we have had - and I have seen - usually have a foam pad against the side of the van and, provided it is pegged down slightly under the van, normally gives a good seal - and if not the additional poles that can be bought as an extra, help to some extent.  That said, I have never needed to use ours.

I have just looked on-line and the Isabella does indeed have inflatable poles against the side of the van which I find strange because they are never going to give a good seal around the skirt track - unless you do as advised on one their instructions sheets and let some air out. Even then - as you say - I can't see it being satisfactory and I'm surprised given the usual quality of Isabella products that they have opted for this design feature.

However - does it really matter? Surely the gap is so small that it can't be that much of an issue in practice. Awnings are never going to be completely airtight.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook