Hema Navigator Sat Nav

EppleBeach replied on 02/11/2012 23:05

Posted on 02/11/2012 23:05

Hi folks

I bought a Hema Navigator HN5i Sat Nav at the Birmingham NEC Caravan Show last year (2011). It seems to function ok - it has a facility for putting the length of caravan + car (based on lorry's I think). However, it seems to be Hungarian based and I'm having difficulties in trying to get associated software via the internet (naviextras). I'm wondering if anyone else bought one of these devices and how they are getting on with it?  It wasn't particularly cheap although it was cheaper than the Snooper.

The Vintage Voyagers replied on 30/08/2018 17:22

Posted on 30/08/2018 17:22

Hello, 

Gail & George (Murphy 2015) replying. 

I am lte to the discussion but it seems you've not had many responses to this and therefore I am not sure if this is still a live conversation. 

In 2015 (December) I took the plunge and bought an Auto Trail Tracker RS on a 2012 plate. At the time the vehicle has been standing for a while and there was no clear indication that the built in Sat Nav, provided by Naviextra, had been kept unto date. 

Firstly, you can't update the maps on a MAC computer. It has to be windows based. Employing my son's technical know how, we duly sorted the problem, paid £60. or just over for the upgrade and have had no issues. 

However, due to illness and family matters, the anticipated exploration of the UK and further afield has taken a severe hit, with little having been achieved. Things have been settling down and we anticipated that 2018 might be the first opportunity, health wise that I would be able to take Murphy (our motorhome) to Europe. 

Planning ahead, I purchased the 2018 upgrade for the head unit. Having gone through the process in 2016 without issue, other than the computer matter, I paid £70+ this time and upgraded the maps. 

They didn't work and after a few goes, basically to ensure it wasn't me being a computer luddite, contact was made with NaviExtra and they were advised of the issue. Before the end of the month (June 2018) they had provided a solution. 

The solution was tried and it failed to resolve the issue. 

I went back to them to address the matter further only to find that they had closed the support as being resolved, which clearly it hadn't. 

I re contacted them at the beginning of July asking for a additional support, providing them with video evidence of the problem. 

The issue is that the new upgrade just loops and doesn't initiate the maps in the head unit. 

In the middle of July they got back to me asking again for the video and the file from the original SD card which goes in to the head unit in the vehicle. This was provided on the same day. 

A very nice email from ROBERT, via their website asked for my patience. I responded appropriately and although I have been patient, I've had no correspondence from them since. 

I have emailed numerous times asking for progress report, if they cant fix it a refund, up to the point that today I have taken the drastic action of going through my credit card company to recover the costs. 

Based on my fist encounter with them I would have rated them positively, based on this protracted and poor customer service. I would advise no one to purchase a system that they maintain. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook