habitation control panel

bettsie replied on 19/03/2018 15:44

Posted on 19/03/2018 15:44

Our  motorhome   has been laid up at Marquis in Northampton for 2  months waiting for a new habitation control panel,  with no end  point in sight! Is this  the usual time it takes to get parts for a Burstner elegance 660i, Can a different  companies one be fitted, as we are    fed up  with their excuses  that it will be fixed only for them to repeatedly  then  claim they have   not  got part in yet,We have a tour booked in three weeks time so we are very worried

ABM replied on 26/03/2018 15:00

Posted on 26/03/2018 15:00

You  could  try  contacting  Burstner  about  it,  Bettsie,  and  try  to  find  a  Burstner  Owners/ users  web  site.  You  might  get  some  help  from  them.

What  was  the  problem  with  the  one  that's  faulty,  please  ??

Boff replied on 27/03/2018 08:45

Posted on 27/03/2018 08:45

It might be worth trying these people

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/

Regarding parts availability I can speak for Burstner  but we have Hymer caravans for the last 12 years and parts availability has always been excellent   Generally a couple of weeks maximum   

bettsie replied on 27/03/2018 20:21

Posted on 27/03/2018 20:21

The control panel is not  communicating with the leisure battery, the battery is charged but panel is dead, at least  I think that is what is the problem. Amazingly after sending a very stroppy letter to their CEO the  part is supposed to be  arriving today and being fitted tomorrow,  I shall not hold my breath! It is actually three months they have had Betsie !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook