Gas regulator for 7kg Calor Butane Bottle

Ray55 replied on 07/05/2018 14:54

Posted on 07/05/2018 14:54

Hello,  I use a 7kg bottle for my caravan with a type 611 regulator I bought some time back from a caravan accessary shop. It is a pain to clip on and I have a problem with it each time. Probably not an original Calor part.

What regulator do you recommend I use. One that is simple and easy to attach. I checked the Calor website but that left me a little confused as to the correct one I need. 

regards

Ray

Vicmallows replied on 07/05/2018 19:55

Posted on 07/05/2018 19:55

That is not a regulator. It is an adapter which then connects to a bulkhead mounted regulator.

I have found the type of adapter you have very easy to use.  (The ones generally available now are round and smaller, but I find a little bit more tricky!).

When you are pushing it onto the cylinder, it helps to press the control button in as you push down....as if you were detaching the cylinder.  If it is still tight, a quick spray of silicone lubricant onto the bottle end helps a lot .....or even a little bit of saliva!

Ray55 replied on 07/05/2018 22:14

Posted on 07/05/2018 22:14

Well thanks for that but 'pushing'  it onto the cylinder, even with the 'control' button pressed it is a nightmare each time requiring me to jam a iron bar of sorts through the top of the bottle and top of the 'adapter' to dd pressure to get it into place. maybe it is faulted. ?

Ray

Vicmallows replied on 07/05/2018 23:03

Posted on 07/05/2018 23:03

Maybe the adapter is just seized and needs lubricating?

You haven't by any chance got a 20mm adapter?  Calor bottles are 21mm (and I would not have thought you could even force a 20mm fitting on).

Randomcamper replied on 08/05/2018 10:15

Posted on 07/05/2018 23:03 by Vicmallows

Maybe the adapter is just seized and needs lubricating?

You haven't by any chance got a 20mm adapter?  Calor bottles are 21mm (and I would not have thought you could even force a 20mm fitting on).

Posted on 08/05/2018 10:15

That was my first thought when i read the OP but the label (although upside down) in the first photo appears to indicate the dia as 21mm.

But it shouldn't need forcing with a bar, something is very clearly wrong......

Ray55 replied on 08/05/2018 12:53

Posted on 08/05/2018 12:53

Dear Vicmallows,   Although I said the mechanism appeared to work well enough I have taken your advise. I applied some silicone spray and left it a little while and it seems to have done the trick. I had just assumed a fitting issue . I suppose the silicone has help with that and mechanism operation. Thank you.  Hard to believe I have put up with this for years. 

Ray

Vicmallows replied on 08/05/2018 18:43

Posted on 08/05/2018 18:43

Even worse are Spanish bottles with 35mm JUMBO push-on connector. Sometimes they can be a real struggle - until you apply a little lubricant! (due to the very large external rubber sealing washer).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook