Fresh Water Container for Fully Serviced Pitch

Mr H replied on 12/04/2017 18:17

Posted on 12/04/2017 18:17

Due to health reasons, I now use Fully Serviced pitches at every opportunity. I connect up the fresh water hose to the side of a 40 litre aquaroll using a ballcock to control the flow. However, when leaving the site, I pour away at least 20 litres, unless, I have remembered to switch off the supply earlier. So I have been looking for a plastic container (jerrycan) about 20 litres, with two caps the same size as the aquaroll. One on top and one in the side. On Ebay the only ones I can see include the ballcock and range in cost from £30 - £50. Having already got the ballcock I don't want to pay that much. Can anyone kindly point me in the direction to buy just the container?

SteveL replied on 12/04/2017 18:43

Posted on 12/04/2017 18:43

Sorry can't help with the container. However, if you go down the route of using a 20 litre container, what reserve does the ball cock give. At least 20 litres means the pump does not suck in air when in continuous use for a shower. Would that be the case with a smaller reserve?

Mr H replied on 12/04/2017 20:17

Posted on 12/04/2017 20:17

I guess Steve the ballcock would maintain about 10 litres in the container. Would think this continuous supply would be enough for showers. Currently when I use the aqua roll it never goes below the ballcock. Thanks for responding.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook