Flat Food Grade Hose

OrionCalls replied on 26/05/2017 15:54

Posted on 26/05/2017 15:54

I need to buy more hose pipe in order that I can connect my aquaroll to the water supply on fully serviced pitches. Whenever I have been on such a pitch I am inevitably to far away to connect the hose I currently have.

I'm thinking of getting 15 metres of flat food grade hose and was intrigued to find that you can get one made by a the name of Brunner that you apparently do it have to fully unwind it to use!!!

Does anyone have experience of this type of hose which seems to be ideal for the use I want it for.

Thanks

TJ49 replied on 26/05/2017 20:25

Posted on 26/05/2017 20:25

I use one for the MH but I cut it in half and used 'Hozeloc' connectors to joint it. If I can park close to the tap I only need to unreel half of it.

I keep several 3/4 threaded tap connectors on-board (I have misplaced one or two !) which fit most taps in the UK and EU.

My only problem was that when I connected it to the water inlet on the MH the hose tended to drop straight down and kink so no water would flow. A few 'Speedfit' parts etc and it now works well.

For those who say that 'Hozeloc' are suitable for drinking water - we don't drink the water from the tank - we drink bottled water !

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook