Fiamma privacy room

huskydog replied on 19/04/2017 16:32

Posted on 19/04/2017 16:32

I had a Fiamma privacy room that the previous owner left in my .M/H , but have I got enough parts , I have 2 side panels 1 front panel and 2 round telescopic poles , should there be more ??

how does it all fit together ???

ABM replied on 19/04/2017 17:05

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:05

I'd  be  inclined  to  look  at  the  Fiamma  web  site,  HD,  they  normally  give  more  information  than  you  can  shake  a  stick  at.

JVB66 replied on 19/04/2017 17:18

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:18

The two telescopic  poles should be to fit from front awning aluminium frame to the part fitted to the m/van. the side panels will probably tie with tapes? to these poles the front panel should slide into the front of the wind out in what looks like an awning rail, then tapes tie the front  and side panels the peg down like any awning

Later models Zip onto the awning  fabric

huskydog replied on 19/04/2017 17:27

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:27

Thanks JV, I had a look on line and all the newer ones seem to have a square section which the side slides in to , I must have the "old" type, but that now makes sence

i want to make sure it's all there as I want to pass it on 

young thomas replied on 19/04/2017 17:58

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:27 by huskydog

Thanks JV, I had a look on line and all the newer ones seem to have a square section which the side slides in to , I must have the "old" type, but that now makes sence

i want to make sure it's all there as I want to pass it on 

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:58

....your last sentence rings a bell....we had one inside our first 2nd hand van....i spent ages getting it set up at home and decided it was too much of a faff...sold it on eBay the next weekwink

having said that, i may invest in a (angled) front shade to fit onto the wind out Omnistore and perhaps one (lightweight) side piece from Lillypad Leisure (windblocker).

Im sure Tammygirl has some and they work really well.smile

Tammygirl replied on 19/04/2017 18:18

Posted on 19/04/2017 17:58 by young thomas

....your last sentence rings a bell....we had one inside our first 2nd hand van....i spent ages getting it set up at home and decided it was too much of a faff...sold it on eBay the next weekwink

having said that, i may invest in a (angled) front shade to fit onto the wind out Omnistore and perhaps one (lightweight) side piece from Lillypad Leisure (windblocker).

Im sure Tammygirl has some and they work really well.smile

Posted on 19/04/2017 18:18

I have and they do smile we have both sides and the front. If I was buying again I don't think I would buy both sides just the one, as it rarely if ever blows from both sides. I also wouldn't bother with the new type sides/front that have the wrap around front corners and the blue privacy curtains. I sometimes lift the bottom of the front cover up and catch it back along the inside of the Fiamma rail with some clothes pegs, this gives us more depth of shade without blocking out the breeze when its very hot. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook