Fiamma privacy room

cantona325 replied on 27/03/2018 12:45

Posted on 27/03/2018 12:45

Hi,

I have a Fiamma awning and I'm considering adding the front and side panels. I watched the video  from Fiamma showing how to put the room together and while the instructions were very useful it looked like it could be quite a lengthy process. Can anyone advise just how long it takes to put upend take down the privacy room please?

Thanks

Leigh

HOTORMOMER replied on 07/04/2018 18:26

Posted on 27/03/2018 12:45 by cantona325

Hi,

I have a Fiamma awning and I'm considering adding the front and side panels. I watched the video  from Fiamma showing how to put the room together and while the instructions were very useful it looked like it could be quite a lengthy process. Can anyone advise just how long it takes to put upend take down the privacy room please?

Thanks

Leigh

Posted on 07/04/2018 18:26

Leigh, sorry can't answer your question, but I had  a Fiamma privacy room which came with my previous motorhome. I took one look at the instruction video that came with it and decided life was too short to be faffing around with that so put it in the garage and that's where it stayed for 5 years until recently when I changed the moho. I then put it on Gumtree and sold it to pay for a few bits and pieces in the new vehicle. If I was looking for a replacement I would go down the inflatable route. 

Bakers2 replied on 07/04/2018 18:38

Posted on 07/04/2018 18:38

We got a privacy/safari room that attaches to our fiamma wind out awning. We put it up once to try it out but as there is only us 2 we've never used it and it lives in our attic. It came with curtains too I believe. I'd have to check with OH, not here at present, but we may dispose of it.

teddy10 replied on 07/04/2018 19:46

Posted on 07/04/2018 19:46

The video showing how to set up the privacy room is like something out of an old Benny Hill Show! Looks easy ~ but three of us, all below average height, really struggled the first time we attempted to set it up. The intervening years have been  a learning curve. You need a good step stool for height (and ideally a friend who is both tall, and a Venture Scout leader). We actually only use the privacy room once a year , for Glastonbury Festival, when it's handy for keeping the aqua roll out of sight, having  space  for wet jackets/boots  and for storing a friends  baby buggy and chairs. It's also very heavy and bulky, and takes ages to pack up. 

replied on 08/04/2018 18:04

Posted on 08/04/2018 18:04

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Traficlady replied on 09/04/2018 05:57

Posted on 09/04/2018 05:57

We bought a safari room to go to Spain last winter because we thought it might be handy for sitting in in the evenings. We only used it for storage.

it took us over an hour to put up and we had to find someone with a pair of steps each time so we could reach the corners where it met the van. We’re neither of us short.

It took another hour or more to take it down and pack it away. It took up the whole of the under-bed space (side “sofa” beds) which meant the bedding stayed out while we were travelling down and back. 

It went straight back on eBay when we got home. 

Nora

KeefySher replied on 09/04/2018 11:20

Posted on 09/04/2018 11:20

We had a Fiamma Zip awning on the MH for 9 years.

Excellent bit of kit and so flexible in all sorts of weather conditions from its first use in Force 12 gales on an exposed site in Dorset, to just using windbreaks around 2 sides to sleep outside in East Germany, to adding a driveaway awning to the front face channel and having masses of space.

The zip in side panels were easy to fit either by using the small grey plastic fiamma step that came with it, or lowering the canopy to zip in the side with the adjustable rafter frame. The front panel slides into the channel in the cassette of the canopy.

In the wettest weather single handed it took 15 minutes to put up and peg down with the full set of panels and draught skirt. I did use an inflatable tube type draught excluder a few years later when they were available.

Details here:

https://www.fiamma.it/en/fiamma-zip-en.html

That particular awning is still in use in its twelfth year.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook