Fiamma bag awning on recessed awning rail

JOCKC replied on 04/05/2018 15:32

Posted on 04/05/2018 15:32

I HAVE A 2015 MODEL SWIFT BESSACAR CAMEO 565 WHICH HAS THE SAME AWNING RAIL AS THE 2015 MODEL SWIFT ELEGANCE 565.

HAVE ANY MEMBERS FITTED A FIAMMA CARAVANSTORE AWNING ON THE RECESSED AWNING RAIL WITH SUCCESS    

dougA replied on 04/05/2018 16:39

Posted on 04/05/2018 16:39

Hi JOCKC

When I had my sprite major caravan I had the caravan store awning fitted. It was excellent when not using the air awning. We traveled with it on the near side which was ready to erect when on site. Just unzip the awning cover roll the awning out extend the legs and peg to ground also use guy lines.

when using the Kampa air awning I would move the caravan store awning to the offside awning rail for storage.

JOCKC replied on 04/05/2018 17:52

Posted on 04/05/2018 17:52

THANKS DOUG

I DO NOT THINK THAT THE SPRITE HAS THE RECESSED AWNING RAIL BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK

JOCKC  AN EXILED SCOT FROM FALKIRK 

SteveL replied on 05/05/2018 08:32

Posted on 05/05/2018 08:32

I am not sure what you mean by a recessed awning rail. If it's the sort of flush type that we have on our Bailey Unicorn, rather than the sticking out version on our old Abbey, the answer is yes. The turn at the top corner on the back is very sharp though, so that is a little more fiddly. However, once on ours stays on till the winter, so not really a problem. The alternative of course would to be to put it on from the front.

JOCKC replied on 05/05/2018 18:07

Posted on 05/05/2018 18:07

THANKS STEVE

MY QUESTION IS NOT FITTING THE FIAMMA BAG AWNING TO THE RECESSED AWNING RAIL BUT WHETHER IT WILL SIT CORRECTLY, ALLOW THE ALUMINIUM POLES TO LOCATE IN THEIR CORRECT HOLE POSITIONS AND LET THE FIT FLUSH TO THE CARAVAN WALL BELOW THE RAIL

IS YOUR BAILEY UNICORN MODEL SIMILAR TO THE SWIFT RECESSED AWNING RAIL MODELS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM

JOCKC

Simon100 replied on 05/05/2018 20:20

Posted on 05/05/2018 20:20

JOCKKC.

On a point of posting etiquette, writing in CAPITALS is considered to be SHOUTING and is discouraged.  Please consider switching your caps lock key off. 

SteveL replied on 05/05/2018 21:47

Posted on 05/05/2018 18:07 by JOCKC

THANKS STEVE

MY QUESTION IS NOT FITTING THE FIAMMA BAG AWNING TO THE RECESSED AWNING RAIL BUT WHETHER IT WILL SIT CORRECTLY, ALLOW THE ALUMINIUM POLES TO LOCATE IN THEIR CORRECT HOLE POSITIONS AND LET THE FIT FLUSH TO THE CARAVAN WALL BELOW THE RAIL

IS YOUR BAILEY UNICORN MODEL SIMILAR TO THE SWIFT RECESSED AWNING RAIL MODELS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY PROBLEM

JOCKC

Posted on 05/05/2018 21:47

Not really sure and I can't photograph it as it is in storage. However, I suspect that most of the new breed of wood frame free vans are similar. On the Bailey the bit that has the awning rail locks the sides to the roof / back rather than being screwed on, as with out old style construction Abbey.

On our Bailey the awning fits exactly the same as it did on our Abbey and everything locates / hangs correctly. The only difference is the awning rail follows the profile of the van, rather than being mounted on it, as with our Abbey. That makes the awning channel at the rear a near right angle. Goes round it though with a bit of silicon lubricant to aid it.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook