External BBQ point on Adria motorhome

JohnT99 replied on 09/07/2021 09:17

Posted on 09/07/2021 09:17

Hi Guys. My first post!! I am in the process of purchasing an Adria Motorhome (Matrix Plus 600DT). I have asked the dealer to fit me an external BBQ point. However, he is saying that he can only fit one near the Gas Bottle locker which is on the passenger side of the van. I really want it on the Driver's side so that it is near the Habitation Door and under the awning. Has anyone successfully done this (or had it done) on a similar Adria motorhome? The fact that Adria use stainless steel gas pipe may be an issue? All help gratefully received.

SeasideBill replied on 09/07/2021 11:08

Posted on 09/07/2021 11:08

I have a similar issue with my panel van conversion with hab door on the drivers side. I enquired about having an external bbq point and was told it was possible if the gas pipe was taken off the gas supply to the fridge or hob (with isolator valve) which are both on the drivers side. However, the problem for me was locating it in a place that didn’t clash with the sliding door - shouldn’t affect you? Still on the ‘to do’ list!

SteveL replied on 09/07/2021 13:06

Posted on 09/07/2021 13:06

Seems a bit odd. If I have found the right layout, there seem to be gas appliances on both sides, as there are with our Hymer. That has a BBQ point on the drivers side. Although installed by Hymer, so no idea about retrofit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook