Dripping Bathroom Tap

Mollieperkins replied on 21/07/2019 19:29

Posted on 21/07/2019 19:29

Hi we have a dripping bathroom tap in our 2011 Bailey Unicorn Seville and are unsure have to fix it.

The tap is square, my husband has taken the handle off to try and repaire it but there is nowhere to get a spanner in to unscrew the cartridge.

Does anyone know if there is a special tool needed, Or has anyone fixed one before?

He has fixed many taps but this one has him stumped 🤔

Merve replied on 21/07/2019 21:34

Posted on 21/07/2019 21:34

If it’s anything like the tap in my ex van- a 2011 Unicorn Valencia- a mixer tap - it doesn’t swing out of the way but blocks you from using the sink properly? I bought a new swing tap and all was sorted. Not hard to fit but I seem to remember I had to get a special sort of spanner from a mate. 

Mollieperkins replied on 22/07/2019 16:02

Posted on 22/07/2019 16:02

Hi Yes that’s it, it doesn’t move. 

I don’t suppose you remember what sort of special spanner was needed? 

Thank you 

Nuggy replied on 22/07/2019 21:03

Posted on 22/07/2019 21:03

The large nut holding the tap might be in a recess and awkward to get at, you would need to have a look at the underside of the tap. I am guessing that a "box spanner" is the type needed. The wires can pass down the centre of the spanner whilst the nut is being tightened. Box spanners are used for spark plugs.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook