Dorma Quattro 380 Awning

JHVH replied on 13/01/2018 10:54

Posted on 13/01/2018 10:54

Thinking of buying one of these and wondered if any members have any comments on value for money.  Also notice it is a free standing frame, so no poles with hooks to attach.  How does this frame fit against the van - is it a good tight fit and any chance of denting the side of the van?  Any comments, good or bad, would be welcome.  

ForestR replied on 14/01/2018 11:02

Posted on 14/01/2018 11:02

Have used one for three years and had no problems. Frame fits against caravan on foam pads which if carefully fitted gives a good seal. After three years extensive use it is still in excellent condition. As with every poled awning you have to be careful when erecting or dismantling not to hit the caravan but no dents so far. I think it has been excellent value especially as I bought it direct from the Dorema branch just off the A1 Castleford juction at a much reduced price.

JHVH replied on 15/01/2018 11:28

Posted on 15/01/2018 11:28

Many thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.  Always helpful to receive positive feedback from a fellow member before going ahead with a purchase.

CBRBlackbird replied on 16/01/2018 23:28

Posted on 16/01/2018 23:28

I've had one for the past 2 years. Excellent awning made with quality materials.

There are upright poles in the corners next to the van (plus an additional on in the middle) with a horizontal pole joining the two uprights, sitting just below where the awning is in the awning rail. The rest of the frame then builds off this. The erecting of this  part is the only part where I need an 'extra hand' the rest of the awning I can put up myself in about 20/25 mins.

When I bought I upgraded to the heavier poles. They are HEAVY but also super strong.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook