Doremo Starcamp magnum 260 porch

harry1000 replied on 24/08/2020 14:29

Posted on 24/08/2020 14:29

Hi All,

If anyone has one of these (or the 360), could they please let me know how long each of the fibre poles is fully assembled, in total from the plastic tip down to the end of the alloy furrel which goes to the ground please.

My awning is lifted up too far at the front, so the skirt barely touches the ground and pushed too far away from the caravan walls making it near impossible to get the side cushions to seal against the caravan wall. In addition the zips at either end are under tremendous strain, due to bowing out away from the caravan's wall.

My suspicion is that the fibre poles are simply supplied too long, by around 100+mm.

I have spoken to Doremo and they seem unable to advise what length the poles are supposed to be, to ensure a correct fit. Instead they claimed I was simply putting it up wrong.

I have had this awning a couple of years, but only used it so far on a side to side sloping site, with the awning on the high side of the caravan - which I initially blamed for the issue, but having just set it up on my reasonably level lawn at home, I still have the same issues.  

harry1000 replied on 25/08/2020 13:02

Posted on 25/08/2020 13:02

I need to look elsewhere. Doremo have just rung me back with the official length of the poles. They should be 3.944M, close to what I measured mine.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook