Dorema Awnings

easygoing replied on 22/01/2021 08:44

Posted on 22/01/2021 08:44

I am looking to buy a dorema futura all season air porch awning 2019 model does anyone have any thoughts on them .As to how good or bad they are this will be my first air awning after 30 years of pole awnings  

peedee replied on 22/01/2021 16:18

Posted on 22/01/2021 16:18

The ones I have looked at appear a good buy even if somewhat expensive but you get what you pay for. I have seen them stand up to very strong winds which impressed me. If I was in the market for an awning for winter use Dorema would be my first choice.

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 22/01/2021 16:55

Posted on 22/01/2021 16:55

We had a Dorema full awning many years so can't comment what they are like now, but it was fine, didn't leak or anything and lasted till we changed the caravan.

We then went to Bradcott (just because they were there on sale) which was far better made in our view though heavier. At the moment we have a Kampa air which we use throughout the year and now never use the pole awning, and we think it is great, been waterproof and stood up to some heavy winds. It also appears to be a popular brand on sites. 

Normally I'd say speak to people on site but of course that isn't possible at the moment.

Regarding air v pole, we wouldn't go back to poles now. The awning will be heavier to handle, two people is a good idea, and heavier to put onto the rail but then the work is over really. Use the pump or get a battery driven one and it will be up in literally minutes. No working out which pole goes where and tensioning. You'll still have to peg it of course. Taking it down is really very easy, let the air out and pull, fold it away, no poles to pack.

Also in a heavy wind you can just let the air out and lash it or weight it down to you van but left in place. Saw a few people people do that once and we followed.

I notice you're from Durham, Tyneside Leisure at Birtley have a wide number of awning in their showroom and will gladly demonstrate.

hope this helps

KeithL replied on 25/01/2021 10:53

Posted on 25/01/2021 10:53

I've got a Kampa Rally Pro air awning and its great, better at dealing with winds than a pole awning and works very well. 

Concur with Cornersteady regarding weight and handling, Kampa also do a pulley that clamps into the awning rail to pull the awning through the rail. Supposed to become a one person/one hand job to fit the awning. Don't have one myself as with lots of silicon lube in the rail mine is relative easy to pitch by myself

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook