Dometic toilet flush

johnlin replied on 21/06/2021 16:13

Posted on 21/06/2021 16:13

hi has anyone had problems with this dometic toilet only flushing half of the toilet bowl.

Our dealer service department informs us that this is normal for this particular toilet.

thank you

dreamer1 replied on 21/06/2021 18:15

Posted on 21/06/2021 16:13 by johnlin

hi has anyone had problems with this dometic toilet only flushing half of the toilet bowl.

Our dealer service department informs us that this is normal for this particular toilet.

thank you

Posted on 21/06/2021 18:15

We have this type in our coachman and it does all the bowl as it should do, i think your dealer is talking rubbish.

kenexton replied on 21/06/2021 20:45

Posted on 21/06/2021 20:45

Has the flush outlet dislodged ?I had to dismantle the flush unit in order to clean out a stuck pump impellor and when I reassembled it the flush outlet did not re-seat properly.Flush water did not come out properly.I rectified this by gently pushing on the flush tube until its outlet clicked back into its location lugs correctly,All working well now and all of the bowl gets rinsed.Ditto re dealer advice in comment above.

richardandros replied on 22/06/2021 07:11

Posted on 21/06/2021 18:15 by dreamer1

We have this type in our coachman and it does all the bowl as it should do, i think your dealer is talking rubbish.

Posted on 22/06/2021 07:11

Well, I for one, agree with the dealer and I know another dealer who would say the same thing. I have posted on here before, my opinion of the Dometic toilet and despite all the hype in their sales literature about how good the flush is, my experience was that it was rubbish - along with a host of other faults and poor design features. It cost me a lot to have it changed for a Thetford - but that was a decision I haven't regretted in the slightest.

heddlo replied on 22/06/2021 09:35

Posted on 22/06/2021 09:35

We had a Dometic toilet in our previous caravan.  Would never want one again!  Sometimes it didn’t want to flush at all, other times we couldn’t stop it.  Sorry but we can’t remember whether it did the whole bowl correctly only that we really disliked it!! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook