Disklok

huskydog replied on 20/10/2018 12:46

Posted on 20/10/2018 12:46

thinking of buying one of these for my motorhome , are they worth the money ? 

I know if someone want my motorhome they will take it come what may , but just looking at fitting while we are off site , just a case of putting of a spur of the moment thief 

EmilysDad replied on 20/10/2018 22:08

Posted on 20/10/2018 22:08

It looks to be a rather a cumbersome bit of kit to carry round ..... surely the electrickery transponder immobiliser is/should be good enough to stop the average toe rag.

Tinwheeler replied on 20/10/2018 22:20

Posted on 20/10/2018 22:20

You must be aware that they can overcome all sorts these days, MM. You can’t beat a good visual deterrent and I use one of a different type for that very reason.

I’ve read that the Disklok fits easily into a Ducato door pocket. 

EmilysDad replied on 20/10/2018 23:08

Posted on 20/10/2018 22:20 by Tinwheeler

You must be aware that they can overcome all sorts these days, MM. You can’t beat a good visual deterrent and I use one of a different type for that very reason.

I’ve read that the Disklok fits easily into a Ducato door pocket. 

Posted on 20/10/2018 23:08

Fully aware. You just need a suitable box of electrickery ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJb-P7TJFI0&t=4s  I'll just use the OE immobiliser built into the 'key' .... far easier to use.

If they wanted to remove your wheel lock I'm sure a battery grinder will have it removed in a matter of seconds.

Tinwheeler replied on 20/10/2018 23:15

Posted on 20/10/2018 23:08 by EmilysDad

Fully aware. You just need a suitable box of electrickery ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJb-P7TJFI0&t=4s  I'll just use the OE immobiliser built into the 'key' .... far easier to use.

If they wanted to remove your wheel lock I'm sure a battery grinder will have it removed in a matter of seconds.

Posted on 20/10/2018 23:15

Ah well, I like visual deterrents even though I have the electronic bits as well. You do it your way and I’ll do it mine, eh?

JVB66 replied on 20/10/2018 23:46

Posted on 20/10/2018 23:46

The best anti theft device was on our last motor caravan ,it was a detachable steering wheel(we still have it at home)it serves two purposes when removed,1 there was never the need to shuffle the drivers seat to turn it round laughing2,try driving without a steering wheel fitted,surprised

It fits any pug/fiat base without airbag,if any one interestedcool

Justus2 replied on 21/10/2018 05:18

Posted on 21/10/2018 05:18

We have a disklok, it fits flat safe and snug on the floor in front of the toilet when we are on the move, and is on the steering wheel when we are on site, at home, or parked up somewhere so is never in the way.. Yes they can be removed in a short while just like any caravan wheel clamp. The whole idea is to be a visual deterrent, and to hopefully make some other van, (without a disklok) an easier target for the thieves.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook