Daytime Storage of Duvulay Toppers

Mr H replied on 23/11/2019 13:18

Posted on 23/11/2019 13:18

We have two toppers and a two berth caravan. We have often cursed at bedtime with finding a place for the cushions. As we use our shower we do not use it for storage. So when we added the storage of the Duvulays it was a bit of a challenge. We have found a bit of a solution that we would like to share. We did not buy the bags for the duvulays but made bags in a "duffle" style in a material matching the van's upholstery. We then took out the window end upholstered cushions (next to the drawer unit ) together with the short back cushions along the caravan side.These will store at home until we decide to sell the caravan. The duvulay toppers fit in the gap next to the drawer unit and are quite comfortable as seat backs. So now at bedtime we simply unroll the duvulays after putting the long back cushions in the centre. Sorry if this is longwinded but try as I may I cannot load photos on here, and you know a picture speaks a thousand words. Hope this idea may be of interest. Before someone says why not put the toppers under the bed we fully use the space for other things when we go away for a number weeks at a time.

lornalou1 replied on 23/11/2019 16:30

Posted on 23/11/2019 16:30

why not leave them in place and sit on them or slide under the seat bases between the base and the slats then no space required.

Mr H replied on 23/11/2019 20:12

Posted on 23/11/2019 20:12

Lornalou1 we did consider leaving them out but thought there would be more wear and tear if we did so. Thanks for your comments. 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/11/2019 20:59

Posted on 23/11/2019 20:59

What do you store under your benches Mr H? We carry a full size topper cut in half, can get both toppers under one bench, bedding under other. Just wondering. Your solution sounds good though if it works for you.

Mr H replied on 23/11/2019 23:35

Posted on 23/11/2019 23:35

Under one bed it has the control unit for the mover,water tank,fuse box and one pillow and single duvet, a fan when not in use,spare towels. The other has a full size DVD player, bags for awning, satellite dish and tripod when not being used,other odd bits and pieces along with the rest of the bedding. We carry a lot as we often are away for four weeks and don't use the laundry. 

Oneputt replied on 24/11/2019 08:44

Posted on 24/11/2019 08:44

We get all the the bedding including a full size topper under one of the front bench seats, the one with all the electrics/heater etc in we leave empty

Mr H replied on 24/11/2019 09:23

Posted on 24/11/2019 09:23

As we have a mixture of single overnights and long stays when touring the packing varies e.g. whether the awning is used. Ideally, we would not put any bedding near the water heater as it is gets too hot.  

lornalou1 replied on 24/11/2019 11:28

Posted on 24/11/2019 11:28

sounds to me you could do with a slightly bigger van and one with a fixed bed so storage would be better and no making/removing bedding twice a day. makes life a lot easier, but only my choice btw.

Mr H replied on 25/11/2019 16:08

Posted on 25/11/2019 16:08

lornalou1 It would be nice to trade up but we are a pair of old fogeys now. With both of us snoring a double bed is out of the question as we need to be as far apart as possible!!! I am sure she would sometimes like to banish me to the awning!! Thanks for you comments.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook