Cordless Drill

lornalou1 replied on 01/09/2019 21:46

Posted on 01/09/2019 21:46

most cordless drills ( with hammer action ) will be capable of doing what you require, the question is how much do you want to pay, also do you have any cordless tools already as if so could just buy a bare drill of the same make and use the batteries you already have.

Milothedog replied on 02/09/2019 11:54

Posted on 02/09/2019 11:54

My suggestion would be buy a Dewalt Li-Ion one.  Dewalt is owned by Black & Decker and Dewalt is the industrial tool brand for trades men.

You may pay a little more but you get what you pay for, as with everything you buy. You can also buy replacement batteries and chargers and reasonable cost, unlike some of the cheaper offerings.

Also,  as said,  the batteries are generic to the whole tool range, so buying a different kind of power tool in the future will allow you just to buy the tool instead of a kit with another battery and charger.

ChemicalJasper replied on 02/09/2019 22:16

Posted on 02/09/2019 22:16

...also have you used screw in pegs?

I found them to be utterly useless and have gone back to rock pegs (from Aldi and Lidl)

Milothedog replied on 03/09/2019 09:33

Posted on 03/09/2019 09:33

I find the best method is to hammer in the screw pegs and use the cordless to take them out on hard standing's.

Parky1987 replied on 21/09/2019 17:26

Posted on 21/09/2019 17:26

Lidl and Aldi do some excellent stuff. Just wait for them to come in-store. Way more than capable enough to deal with drill pegs.

I have a dewalt set, impact driver and drill. I take both away with me. I use the drill (slow speed) for the legs and the impact driver for the drill pegs. Funnily enough my drill pegs are from Aldi! Box of 15 for a few quid. I did bash the coach bolt out and run a 9mm drill through the plastic though, I didn't like that the plastic was moulded around the bolt.

IMHO, an impact driver may be better for drill pegs, I've got my pegs down into some seriously hard ground (bent my hard ground peg) and boy do they hold tight! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook