CO2 alarm failure

RominYogi replied on 05/09/2018 14:48

Posted on 05/09/2018 14:48

Hi all,

We recently had our caravan serviced and the  Fire Angel CO2/ carbon Monoxide alarm failed it's test. The test was carried out by the mobile engineer i use and he did it  by spraying it with CO2. I have returned our alarm to Fire Angel.  The thing is the alarm worked when i pressed the Test button!! Has anybody else had theirs fail like this?

Regards,

David.

ForestR replied on 05/09/2018 15:26

Posted on 05/09/2018 15:26

I believe that the test button only tests the alarms battery or other electricity source not whether it can still detect CO2 and that is why the check with a CO2 a source was added to the service schedule.

There is a lot of discussion about this on internet forums particularly those concerning letting houses.

Metheven replied on 05/09/2018 16:35

Posted on 05/09/2018 16:35

As said the test function only tells you the electrical circuit and battery are good, a quick simple way to check the CO detector would be the smoke from a cigarette or a lit incense smelly stick. We make toast under the grill, that's a surefire way to set it off.

Nit picking now but CO2 is Carbon Dioxide, CO is Carbon Monoxide. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook