CENTRE CHEST FOR BAILEY OLYMPUS/2

rnlisg replied on 28/03/2017 13:45

Posted on 28/03/2017 13:45

hi all,

We have a 2013 bailey Olympus/2 530/4.the seating is the "wrap round" type with a seat cushion and backrest where the centre chest would be.

We are now looking for the centre chest to fit in place of the cushions,unfortunately bailey can no longer supply the unit .strange, as the van is  not that old.!

Is there anyone out there who is thinking of converting the "other way" and might like to swap or sell their chest?. I am led to believe all Olympus models 1 and 2 have the same unit and same colour veneer,and are the same size.

regards in anticipation

sandy

replied on 28/03/2017 13:51

Posted on 28/03/2017 13:51

Have you tried local breakers? 

Pippah45 replied on 28/03/2017 14:05

Posted on 28/03/2017 14:05

I have recently considered that model of Olympus and was going to pinch the centre chest from my Abbey!  or even the Coachman I recently parted with - they seem fairly universal to me so maybe any brand of caravan would do?  A breakers might well have one. The one in Wales I went to seemed to have just about everything there. 

Tinwheeler replied on 28/03/2017 14:20

Posted on 28/03/2017 14:20

We bought one from a breaker near Poole, Dorset for our MH. He supplied photographs and arranged delivery. We've bought from him twice now - can't fault the service or the products.

http://www.alsonline.org.uk

rnlisg replied on 28/03/2017 16:46

Posted on 28/03/2017 16:46

thanks for the fast reply,s gents,i found a list on this website ref a lot of breakers etc,so am trawling through them,none seem to be breaking any "later" models.

I have thought about a non std one from another van so if the dimensions are close I may go down that road.

I saw there are 2 very big breakers in wales so will see what they have in stock and maybe get some details/pics etc.

I shall also check out the one in dorset.

ps is that a series 1 or 2 in the picture.

Tinwheeler replied on 28/03/2017 17:18

Posted on 28/03/2017 17:18

Series 2A 1967. 

I think you'll find centre chests are much of a muchness with only colours varying. Check sizes to be sure. We have a chest from a Lunar caravan in our Autosleeper MH. It's a very good match.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook