Caravan Axle stands

Ph1lTurner replied on 23/06/2020 22:24

Posted on 23/06/2020 22:24

Evening,

I am looking to get some axle stands for my single axle Bailey Ranger 540/6.

Was wondering what do people use and recommend.

Thanks

Phil.

bigherb replied on 24/06/2020 12:54

Posted on 24/06/2020 12:54

Depends on what you want them for. Just for storage with the wheels off or high lift to work under it. What sort of ground you will be using them on as they are normally meant to be on concrete if you are on tarmac some types will sink into it. You can get types with wide bases like these Halfords ones which are better on tarmac  https://www.halfords.com/tools/garage-workshop/axle-stands-trolley-jacks/halfords-2-tonne-axle-stands-657115.html

Ph1lTurner replied on 24/06/2020 23:13

Posted on 24/06/2020 23:13

Hi, just to raise the caravan to give the wheels a rest since been in 1 place for a long time. Raise enough to be able to turn wheels.

Caravan is on gravel, but will put the axles on concrete pavement slab.

Thanks

Phil.

Metheven replied on 25/06/2020 09:08

Posted on 24/06/2020 23:13 by Ph1lTurner

Hi, just to raise the caravan to give the wheels a rest since been in 1 place for a long time. Raise enough to be able to turn wheels.

Caravan is on gravel, but will put the axles on concrete pavement slab.

Thanks

Phil.

Posted on 25/06/2020 09:08

Same use and ground as mine, I use standard 2 ton 'pyramid' shaped with 30mm holes distanced along its centre post sitting on pavement slabs.

I leave the wheels on and they have been just off the ground since last October. I have always overwintered with the stands under the axle.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook