Camos Papsa Plus

replied on 09/08/2017 10:38

Posted on 09/08/2017 10:38

Hi Everyone,

If like me you purchased a Camos Papsa Plus and have had trouble / problems please get in touch I may be able to help reprogram it to the latest settings, I am in the middle of testing our own unit now.

However because of the Astra2 position you will get very poor reception outside of the UK compared with previous.

We used to be able to get reception to the south of France but I don't think this will be possible now,

Kind regards

DavidKlyne replied on 09/08/2017 12:31

Posted on 09/08/2017 12:31

CDL

I assume you are referring to the small portable satellite system? There were some major satellite footprint changes about five years ago which restricted the Free to Air UK programmes you could get depending on size of dish which meant in effect that you needed a minimum of an 85 cms dish to get any chance of these programmes in the South of France. As I understand it the Camos dish you mention is quite small so I would be surprised if you were able to get the above mentioned programmes very far into France. Obviously if you use Sky that would be a different matter. I have a 85cms Mecatronic automatic roof mounted dish on my motorhome and that needed a software update a few weeks ago because it has suddenly stopped working.

David

replied on 10/08/2017 14:53

Posted on 10/08/2017 14:53

Cheers David,

Unfortunately the Camos was an expensive bit of kit, and with all the changes we have been left with a pricey ornament, however I have contacted the original maker in Korea and they have been very helpful.

I'm busy testing it in various locations now having been able to get into the menu settings,

Regards

DavidKlyne replied on 10/08/2017 16:33

Posted on 10/08/2017 16:33

CDL

Does it say what size dish it is equivalent to? If we know that it might be easier to comment on expectations for using it abroad.

David

replied on 11/08/2017 11:18

Posted on 11/08/2017 11:18

I'll keep you posted if I am successful David

RayJo44 replied on 20/04/2018 14:37

Posted on 09/08/2017 10:38 by

Hi Everyone,

If like me you purchased a Camos Papsa Plus and have had trouble / problems please get in touch I may be able to help reprogram it to the latest settings, I am in the middle of testing our own unit now.

However because of the Astra2 position you will get very poor reception outside of the UK compared with previous.

We used to be able to get reception to the south of France but I don't think this will be possible now,

Kind regards

Posted on 20/04/2018 14:37

Hi, 

I too have the Camos CSA-10PA Plus which I purchased in April 2011. About a year later I had to get it re-programmed as it defaulted to only find Astra 1. It worked fine for a while then came the upgrade and repositioning of the satellites and I now find that it can only seem to find Astra 2 in a strong signal area even in the UK. The original seller no longer deals in this brand and I have tried in vain to find anybody interested in it.

The other problem I get is that when trying to self park, the motor does not shut of and it continues to judder until you pull the plug on it.

I would appreciate any help with the re-programming procedure and any info you might have regarding a reset button?

Regards,

Ray 

nosha replied on 08/10/2018 12:55

Posted on 08/10/2018 12:55

I'm another owner of one of these units, I have whilst in France seen one in white that I think was badged as Avtex?

I took a gamble and purchased it secondhand just as Astra swapped over from 1 to 2 and download the software and reprogrammed it which was successful, it was a bit complicated but it has worked perfectly for years! The hardest thing now will be having a laptop with a serial connection.

Then the Astra footprint was reduced and now due to the size of the dish it doesn't work further south than the Dordogne. However I can confirm that it locks on a lot further south but doesn't supply a picture which can be confusing! I have just come back from visiting Ypres, Holland and Brittany and received signal and quality strengths of 9/8 to 10/9!!!

I do still have the software and very pigeon English reply and instructions if required. 

cmmaidment replied on 29/01/2019 01:44

Posted on 08/10/2018 12:55 by nosha

I'm another owner of one of these units, I have whilst in France seen one in white that I think was badged as Avtex?

I took a gamble and purchased it secondhand just as Astra swapped over from 1 to 2 and download the software and reprogrammed it which was successful, it was a bit complicated but it has worked perfectly for years! The hardest thing now will be having a laptop with a serial connection.

Then the Astra footprint was reduced and now due to the size of the dish it doesn't work further south than the Dordogne. However I can confirm that it locks on a lot further south but doesn't supply a picture which can be confusing! I have just come back from visiting Ypres, Holland and Brittany and received signal and quality strengths of 9/8 to 10/9!!!

I do still have the software and very pigeon English reply and instructions if required. 

Posted on 29/01/2019 01:44

Hi, wonder if you can help me. I have the CSA-1450as satellite system which I believe has the same receiver box as your one. Up until start of this year everything worked perfectly however now it just spins the dish and never ever finds a signal. I believe it needs a software update however I can’t for the life of me find where to download it. Can you help? TIA, Colin

PaulRWYoung replied on 26/03/2019 15:53

Posted on 26/03/2019 15:53

I wonder if any of you still use this unit? I got hold of one cheaply and being a bit of a dabbler thought I would have a play. However it seems the company website has changed to a .com, and I can find no mention of the software or manuals. Manual are not an issue as I googled one online. But for the life of me I cannot find the software. Can anyone help?

Regards Paul.

Trini replied on 26/03/2019 17:33

Posted on 26/03/2019 17:33

We have a Papsa and to be honest I think they are now museum pieces being replaced by Snipe etc

Not sure how long ours will last as it now jerks when it is rising and going to sleep ater.

I doubt there is any software updates any more but will keep an eye on the post just incase ..

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook