Calor Gas bottle.

Settermum replied on 30/04/2018 14:01

Posted on 30/04/2018 14:01

I feel robbed. I've just returned a Calor gas bottle that I no longer need, to North East Caravans in Ashington. With my original receipt in hand which clearly shows the gas bottle hire charge of £34.25, I had expected to have that money refunded.......silly me! The 5 year old receipt is no good, where's my pink sheet? What pink sheet, I never got one or I would have kept it for 5 years with the itemised receipt. Ah, no refund without the pink sheet, and anyway after 5 years I would only have got back 40%. What a racket. Calor gas are bandits. The bloke says you should put it on gumtree, well I don't want the hassle. So I gifted him a gas bottle. 

So people, it seems the longer you are a Calor customer your deposit disappears over time.

replied on 30/04/2018 17:34

Posted on 30/04/2018 17:34

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Randomcamper replied on 01/05/2018 10:57

Posted on 01/05/2018 10:57

Less than £7 a year to hire a gas bottle that some firms would charge £160 to buy......

Sounds like a bargain to me......undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook