CADAC BBQ/Grille connector

flatcoat replied on 19/06/2020 17:49

Posted on 19/06/2020 17:49

I have acquired a new Cadac and need to know which hose and fittings I need to buy for the gas supply from the external caravan supply to the Cadac. New territory to me so any advice welcome. 

SteveL replied on 19/06/2020 18:05

Posted on 19/06/2020 18:05

If your BBQ point has a tap, as on our first caravan, you need a quick connector. If it's just a hole under the flap you need the bullfinch. This was the sort on our second caravan and current MH, so perhaps the sort used on more recent vans. You also need a length, of I think 8mm gas hose. It should be long enough to get the cadac away from the caravan, but short enough that you can quickly isolate the supply in an emergency. I believe there is a specified length, but am not sure what it is.

DaveH1958 replied on 27/03/2021 16:37

Posted on 27/03/2021 16:37

Perceived wisdom on hose length is 2 metres (longer may cause pressure drop).  I need a bulfinch connector too, so many thanks for the photo

DSB replied on 30/03/2021 20:35

Posted on 30/03/2021 20:35

I agree with SteveL.  The quick release connector is very good and will save a lot of time and effort.  I generally just use around one metre of gas pipe: firstly to avoid any loss of pressure, and secondly,  to avoid a trip hazard.  I always use a free standing/seperate gas bottle for the Cadac, and avoid the caravan gas point.  It means I can move the Cadac to any convenient location and am not limited by the location of the gas point.

A really old photo below.  The windbreak has long gone...... laughinglaughing

David

eribaMotters replied on 31/03/2021 11:46

Posted on 31/03/2021 11:46

Similar to above in that I use a separate bottle. My gas locker is small so I carry a Calorlite plumbed in and a back-up of a Campingaz 907 with a short hose that doubles for Cadac use.

That odd bit of slotted ply on the right is for dropping over the swan-neck towbar when hitching up. Great for protecting the bumper.

Colin

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook