Bulldog Locking Wheel Bolts - WS1 & WS5

oakwell replied on 26/02/2015 20:30

Posted on 26/02/2015 20:30

Bulldog Locking Wheel Nuts - WS1 & WS5 - these are not the product currently on sale, but a previously available model.

Apologies if the following has been dealt with already.

I bought a set of locking wheel nuts about 6 years ago and needed a replacement key - however, after contacting the supplier Bulldog (as invited to do on the original packaging for the items, and paying the fee required), I was informed keys were no longer available, because their supplier had gone out of business.

Obviously, if any members have older Bulldog locking wheel nuts fitted and in the future need a replacement key - they will not be able to get one - not a good position to be in.

I was quite disappointed that they had no back-up plan organised to help past customers with what for some could be a major problem. Or in other words, thanks for buying our product but now, goodbye, forget it, so long - you're on your own.

I actually still have my original key, which is now quite worn - perhaps it might just work one more time, long enough to remove the locking wheel nuts and throw them away.

I did actually send an email twice to the club magazine asking them to include it in the letters page - not being aware if this Bulldog 'news'  had been broadcast and was common knowledge - but its never been selected for inclusion as far as I know. 

Mojo222528 replied on 21/06/2019 22:28

Posted on 26/02/2015 20:30 by oakwell
Bulldog Locking Wheel Nuts - WS1 & WS5 - these are not the product currently on sale, but a previously available model.

Apologies if the following has been dealt with already.

I bought a set of locking wheel nuts about 6 years ago and needed a replacement key - however, after contacting the supplier Bulldog (as invited to do on the original packaging for the items, and paying the fee required), I was informed keys were no longer available, because their supplier had gone out of business.

Obviously, if any members have older Bulldog locking wheel nuts fitted and in the future need a replacement key - they will not be able to get one - not a good position to be in.

I was quite disappointed that they had no back-up plan organised to help past customers with what for some could be a major problem. Or in other words, thanks for buying our product but now, goodbye, forget it, so long - you're on your own.

I actually still have my original key, which is now quite worn - perhaps it might just work one more time, long enough to remove the locking wheel nuts and throw them away.

I did actually send an email twice to the club magazine asking them to include it in the letters page - not being aware if this Bulldog 'news'  had been broadcast and was common knowledge - but its never been selected for inclusion as far as I know. 

Posted on 21/06/2019 22:28

Hi, as a matter of interest......do you still have the bulldog locking wheel nut as I’ve just encountered a similar problem. I bought a 2014 Compass Rallye but didn’t check if the locking wheel nut was present. Unfortunately it wasn’t and I’ve dicovered that it’s an older Bulldog nut that the current ones don’t match.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook