Bodywork repair - Recommendations (Midlands)

matthewDennis replied on 21/04/2021 10:36

Posted on 21/04/2021 10:36

Morning all.

After driving for 5hrs, reversing down county lanes to let tractors past and generally surviving a  stressful journey we made it to the caravan site only to catch the rear panel on a curb turning into our pitch (to say I was gutted would be an understatement, but it seems I wasn't the only person who who did the exact same thing).

I'm now in the process of trying to get my van fixed, and i'm struggling to find somewhere that i'm confident about; most websites are pretty generic and old and reviews seem to be limited so I was hoping someone may be able to recommend a company based on previous experience.

I'm based in the midlands but i'm more than willing to travel.

Thanks you in advance.

unclemike replied on 21/04/2021 17:13

Posted on 21/04/2021 17:13

Having stopped in heavy traffic through Wroxham on way to the Broads site, a “Gentleman” in a large 4x4 crossed the road and  wiped down the full length of the caravan causing considerable damage, but fortunately was still towable. Damage was paid for by the other drivers insurance, but I was left to find a repairer, which is not as straight forward as you can guess.

Found this repairer,  https://expressbodywork.co.uk , contact is James.   Had visions of new side etc. With all the problems associated with that type of major repair. Extremely pleased with end result, van looked as good as new. Have a look at his web site, would recommend 

MaxHeadroom replied on 22/04/2021 14:05

Posted on 22/04/2021 14:05

When I needed to have my caravan repaired after some wheel and bodywork damage my caravan service guy recommended ACS (Advanced Caravan Services). Their website talks a lot about damp problems but they do anything from minor to major repairs too.  

They are based in Derby and I was very pleased with their workmanship which is also guaranteed for a 12 months.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook