Barrel and keys for Seitz SK5 Gas Locker Door

Rev Jeff replied on 11/09/2021 12:00

Posted on 11/09/2021 12:00

Can anybody help with some info on where I can buy a barrel and keys set to fit the handle of a Seitz SK5 Gas Locker Door handle. I've purchased a new door frame which comes complete with the handle but no locking mechanism. Prima Leisure parts list doesn't include the barrel and keys so I'm kind stumped. I can't understand why the handle is included in the frame assembly but not the barrel and keys so is the intension that the barrel can be easily removed from the old handle and put into the new? If so how? Any help very much appreciated. Picture of the handle included for id purposes only as this is sold as a spare as well (but still no barrel!)

JVB66 replied on 11/09/2021 18:59

Posted on 11/09/2021 18:59

I think the barrel can be removed,? is there a screw on the rear of the current barrel  with a large washer?

Hopefully some one will be along if that is not correct 

Rev Jeff replied on 14/09/2021 17:20

Posted on 14/09/2021 17:20

Thanks to both for the reply.

There is a screw on the inside/back of the handle assembly which when unscrewed allows the whole handle to be removed from the housing. That means I can switch the handles and keep the existing barrel lock... strange way of doing things but I suppose that is how it is.

thanks again

dave the rave replied on 14/09/2021 19:40

Posted on 14/09/2021 17:20 by Rev Jeff

Thanks to both for the reply.

There is a screw on the inside/back of the handle assembly which when unscrewed allows the whole handle to be removed from the housing. That means I can switch the handles and keep the existing barrel lock... strange way of doing things but I suppose that is how it is.

thanks again

Posted on 14/09/2021 19:40

What is "strange" about keeping the lock same key?

Rev Jeff replied on 15/09/2021 19:20

Posted on 15/09/2021 19:20

Thanks for your reply nonplussed.... what is strange you ask? Perhaps you misunderstood my comment or perhaps I expressed it badly....of course I'm overjoyed at the prospect of keeping the same barrel and key. What I found strange was buying a new frame with a new handle that didn't include the barrel and keys to lock it... never having bought one before I thought it was strange - I mistakingly thought the frame I bought it would come as a complete item with a new handle, barrel and key(s) to lock it - it didn't - and Prima Leisure have today  explained why - so I have learnt something - and I'm delighted that I can use the same handle with the original barrel from my old damaged frame - so all is well - we learn and we move on.... laughing

dave the rave replied on 15/09/2021 21:57

Posted on 15/09/2021 19:20 by Rev Jeff

Thanks for your reply nonplussed.... what is strange you ask? Perhaps you misunderstood my comment or perhaps I expressed it badly....of course I'm overjoyed at the prospect of keeping the same barrel and key. What I found strange was buying a new frame with a new handle that didn't include the barrel and keys to lock it... never having bought one before I thought it was strange - I mistakingly thought the frame I bought it would come as a complete item with a new handle, barrel and key(s) to lock it - it didn't - and Prima Leisure have today  explained why - so I have learnt something - and I'm delighted that I can use the same handle with the original barrel from my old damaged frame - so all is well - we learn and we move on.... laughing

Posted on 15/09/2021 21:57

I have learned through 3/4 century that every day is a school day!wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook