Bailey Pegasus rear grabhaindle led replacement

Cutchy replied on 04/02/2018 14:07

Posted on 04/02/2018 14:07

I have a Bailey Pegasus 2 Bologna. The left hand rear grab handle led has gone out. Does anyone know how to fit replacement led into the handle. I can see where the right hand handle mounting screws are inside the bathroom behind the toilet but the left hand side must be behind the shower.

There must be a way to replace the bulb without removing the handle undecided

Any Advice please

EmilysDad replied on 04/02/2018 15:21

Posted on 04/02/2018 15:21

Just my thoughts  ..... I don' know, but wouldn't be at all surprised if the handle is a sealed unit designed to be replaced rather than repaired ..... led lit things often are. 🤔

Cutchy replied on 04/02/2018 15:32

Posted on 04/02/2018 15:32

Bailey do sell the red led as a separate part. But I don't know whether the whole handle has to be removed in order to fit the strip. I e-mailed Bailey but still await a reply. 

Cutchy replied on 05/02/2018 15:52

Posted on 05/02/2018 15:52

Hi MollysMummy, Heard from Bailey parts they told me to contact a Bailey dealer. I did and their work shop told me to remove the two grey plastic caps at the end of the handle and this would allow the bulb to slide out. It worked. however I also had to remove the rear bumper corner moulding get to the wiring, where I found a corroded connector. I remade the connection and Bingo the light works again.

Cheers for the encouragement.

EmilysDad replied on 05/02/2018 18:03

Posted on 05/02/2018 15:52 by Cutchy

Hi MollysMummy, Heard from Bailey parts they told me to contact a Bailey dealer. I did and their work shop told me to remove the two grey plastic caps at the end of the handle and this would allow the bulb to slide out. It worked. however I also had to remove the rear bumper corner moulding get to the wiring, where I found a corroded connector. I remade the connection and Bingo the light works again.

Cheers for the encouragement.

Posted on 05/02/2018 18:03

Excellent! A nice easy & no cost fix. 😊 I always give connectors a squirt of silicone when I open them. 

Gazza23 replied on 11/07/2020 15:06

Posted on 11/07/2020 15:06

Look on YouTube it shows you how to change the led grab handle lights 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook