Back window for a Swift Bolero 630 PR

artyboo replied on 27/02/2019 17:52

Posted on 27/02/2019 17:52

Hi , I need advice from you lovely lot.

I have managed to make a dirty great crack in my back window (don’t ask) so it will need replacing. I am waiting on a dealer get back to me as to whether they have the part but I want your wisdom please.

will ANY window (assuming it is the correct size) do? Does it have to be a specific Bolero window?

I am actually interested in putting a sliding window in the back given the Fiamma box prevents me opening the window as wide as I would like. 

‘Are windows easily removed and replaced? I am not completely useless and have become a dab hand at a lot of things but this is a new one!

Advice, as always, greatly appreciated 😂

commeyras replied on 01/03/2019 10:30

Posted on 01/03/2019 10:30

Ouch!  Caravan windows are easy enough to remove but are ridiculously expensive.  There are companies that will make one for you using your damaged window as a template and colour match; sorry I can't remember the names but I'm sure someone here will or just google 'caravan window replacement'.  Ask your dealer to explore other sources for a window rather than Swift.  Not sure about the wisdom of a sliding window though, or if this is possible; you don't see caravans with sliding windows.

JVB66 replied on 01/03/2019 10:42

Posted on 01/03/2019 10:42

You could try EECO at Halifax West Yorks on 01274679524/5/6 they have been going since the year dot ,and make windows to order

commeyras replied on 01/03/2019 11:09

Posted on 01/03/2019 11:09

EECO is the company I was thinking about!  There are also some videos to show you how to remove /fit a window if you google as I suggested above.

artyboo replied on 01/03/2019 17:24

Posted on 01/03/2019 17:24

Thank you both.

I have managed to source one from East Sussex at a cost £168. It might not be the right shade of brown but at least it will fit.

Wish me luck fitting it 😵

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook