Awning retailers

Karivan replied on 24/02/2018 22:23

Posted on 24/02/2018 22:23

Hi

just bought my 1st caravan and have been looking at awnings. Can anyone recommend a good retailer with reasonable prices?

Milothedog replied on 25/02/2018 09:26

Posted on 25/02/2018 09:26

Bradcot (Buy direct) have some good deals at the moment see Here I have just upgraded mine and over £300.

Also look in their clearance section at the ex-display and show models.

You don't say where you are, if your near Surrey Marquis in Gomshall Nr Dorking, have a huge display of different makes and are competitively priced  cool

ggregu replied on 25/02/2018 21:36

Posted on 25/02/2018 10:00 by indoors

Jeff Bowen Awnings, had awnings and sun canopies from Jeff and enjoyed very good service.

Posted on 25/02/2018 21:36

+1 for Jeff Bowen.

I have had two awnings from him. Really helpful guy, more than willing to give advice and excellent service. There are a couple of poor reviews online regarding him but I can only recommend him from my dealings.

His 2nd hand awning listings are very successful too. I sold both my previous awnings through this service.

ocsid replied on 26/02/2018 12:27

Posted on 26/02/2018 12:27

Awnings, if wanting to be in the quality market, like Isabella and its satellite Ventura, is a product where it makes a lot of sense to purchase pre-used from classified ads.

I say this for several reasons, not least these are expensive when new and can be very good value when second-hand.

Frequently, they are little used and are incredibly durable so don't "wear" to a great degree. If you purchase new and fall into the camp of a low users, or change your van quite early, then it will prove and expensive learning lesson.

The other piece of advice I would offer is just think if a "universal" type awning, ie a "part awning" like an Isabella Magnum could suit your needs? It's big plus is in being universal and being often suitable for use in the next and the next van you might aquire, plus not being too big, you could find yourself using it more than you might with more fabric to handle and dry out.

We have used a Magnum extensively since buying it in 2002, whilst nobody would think it is "new" they would rarely be aware quite how old it is from its still excellent condition, after some 200 times going up and taken down.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook