Awning Help

gizmo2155 replied on 01/05/2017 10:29

Posted on 01/05/2017 10:29

Hi,

I have a 2001 Swift Corniche 17/3 and am looking at awnings.

Unfortunately I am getting conflicting information about the size required.

When I put the information into some sites it states I need a 950cm

Others say 907cm. (seems there are two versions of the swift manual too one quoting 950 the other 907)

I am unable to access the caravan just now to measure it so was wondering if any of you guys out there could be of any assistance here

commeyras replied on 01/05/2017 11:21

Posted on 01/05/2017 11:21

You really need to get to your caravan and measure ground to ground via awning rail.  If you cannot wait, most dealers will have the measurement for your caravan and so long as you give them the right model/year they will supply an awing and if it is the wrong size they should replace it.  Many years ago this is what happened to me.  Got an awning, at 'test' weekend found it was too big, phoned company and next day a new, correct, one was delivered to me on site:  Glossop (no names!) to Hampshire!  That is what I call service.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook