Avtex/Vision Plus/Cello TVs

Trini replied on 29/07/2021 16:01

Posted on 29/07/2021 16:01

We wanted a tv with a satelitte receiver as our Elddis has the useless Avtex stick aerial and we find it often difficult to get a good reliable signal on our Cello.

We ordered an Avtex which despite what the blurb stated it did proved not to be able to record onto a usb stick. We returned it.

We tried to find an Avtex from the PRO range which proved everywhere was out of stock and I understand that Avtex are now only offering tvs with the SMART option which is not generally feasible as wifi is not always reliable on CLs or indeed on club sites.

We have bought a Vision PLUS with sat receiver which will record. 

My point is that with a price tag of £449 and £389 and a new Cello at £199 respectively I was amazed that all 3 tvs use the same software and indeed a program I recorded last week in Cumbria on our old Cello will actually play on the new Vision Plus and the remote on the old Cello also works the Vision Plus.

All tvs picked up the same programs tho not as many as our Samsung home tv even when connected to the same aerial.

It seems the 3 tv are all one of the same with a price range which I cannot see is justified.

It is just hype?

eribaMotters replied on 30/07/2021 14:14

Posted on 30/07/2021 14:14

I think because they may use the same software, or are compatible with each others software does not mean they are all the same. Many computers of differing prices use the same software as each other. 

I do know from experience the build quality of the Avtex is excellent. The viewing angle, picture definition, colour and sound are also top quality. 

Colin

Trini replied on 30/07/2021 19:05

Posted on 30/07/2021 19:05

Fair comment which we will be better able to comment on when our Avtex arrives on Monday and we are away then to enjoy our next holiday.

Hope the extra price proves to be worth it.

eribaMotters replied on 30/07/2021 20:05

Posted on 30/07/2021 20:05

In the UK we use our Avtex with the Avtex coat hanger looking sucker mount aerial. Before we go away in the UK we check on the transmitter locations and then when on site sucker the aerial to the window, point it in the correct direction and auto tune. The aerial has an integral booster powered by the Avtex TV and in the three years we have used it in the UK it has not let us down.

In France we have used a Multimo dish and last two years away a Snipe 2, receiving Astra 2 on a line between Sarlat and Bergerac without any problems. 

I am very pleased with the TV.

Colin

young thomas replied on 31/07/2021 09:24

Posted on 31/07/2021 09:24

we had a Cello in a previous van, that worked ok...but weve always had satellite so signal far more reliable.

this van came with a Vision Plus in the bedroom and ive been very impressed with the picture....only slight complaint, could dol with more sound ooomph perhaps....i have an axtra speaker connected now.

re streaming tv....i have a Huawei 'mifi' unit and a sim only deal from Vodafone which works well. i bring my Amazon firestick from home and this is also easy and reliable.

i also have Sky, via the dish, which is also connected to the same mifi, so can stream that way, too.

the mifi also powers the ipads and phones....certainly no need to be relying on poor club wifi.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook