Avtex Tourer One Plus problems

CptCrosspatch replied on 03/05/2022 12:29

Posted on 03/05/2022 12:29

Hello. My Avtex Tourer One Plus has started to recalculate constantly any route that I have selected. It does not seem to be able to hold a route for more than a couple of seconds before it then goes into recalculate mode. This has only started since I updated the satnav recently. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any advice as to how to get the thing working again would be most welcome. 

eribaMotters replied on 03/05/2022 13:00

Posted on 03/05/2022 13:00

I've had a few glitches in the past when updating mine.

I've usually found that making sure you have the latest version of Garmin Express on your computer helps. 

I can update mine by going wireless/wi-fi. The last two times I've done this it did not load some blocks of sites, once was CL's and I think the other time was Continental sites. I redid the update with it plugged into my computer and no problems.

Colin

RForby replied on 21/05/2022 20:03

Posted on 21/05/2022 20:03

I have had the same problems where the unit recalculates the route every few seconds and the maps have been lost. eribaMotters is rights make sure you have the latest Garmin Express down loaded and update all of your maps. I updated my Avtex 1 shortly after Garmin were subject to a cyber attack and as a result I have lost my Club destination short cuts and I am still trying to find out how I go about restoring them as it was so handy punching in your club site destination rather than having to find the post code or address.  

Smlbeardie replied on 21/06/2022 21:11

Posted on 21/06/2022 21:11

We are trying to update the maps on our unit.  We have updated Garmin Express and reconnected our device.  We have also purchased an extra simcard to give extra memory on the unit.
Every time we try to update we get a message saying Garmin cannot connect to its servers.
When we go to their Customer Support we get a message saying they do not recognise the product.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution please?

hitchglitch replied on 23/06/2022 20:23

Posted on 23/06/2022 20:23

I found Garmin to have a good customer support. You should be able to contact them either using “chat” or by email and ask them about your non-recognised unit or technical issues with recalculating routes.

Not sure whether the Avtex model works the same as the standard Garmin but on my Garmin you can load Points of Interest from an external file. If you go to Archie’s Camping website you can download all European sites and CLs. The database is extremely accurate because it is updated regularly from user feedback. You need the Garmin POI Loader to do this and it’s available (free) via Garmin.com. All the software I am referring to is available for both pc and Mac. I updated mine a couple of days ago (took some sorting out!).

DavidKlyne replied on 24/06/2022 14:16

Posted on 24/06/2022 14:16

Is there an option to reset the device? Usually a small hole on the back into which you push a straightened paper clip.

David

Ady1 replied on 29/03/2023 19:09

Posted on 29/03/2023 19:09

Had same issue and fixed it. Rang Avtex customer support and was given instruction to do factory reset. Takes some time as you need to go through various screens to reach the clear data prompt and then wait some minutes for the device to restart. Then requires setting up again from scratch. Unit now working fine again. Go to "View Map" page / tap on "Speed" icon / Now on "Data" page. At top find greyed out semi circle with 0 mph in it. Place thumb on zero for 10 secs and you will be in "Diagnostics" page. Top of page "Clear all user data" Confirm this and you will get blank screen. Just wait until the software reboots. Be patient it takes a while! 

ShaunS replied on 02/08/2023 16:37

Posted on 02/08/2023 16:37

Our Avtex Tourer One is now seriously lagging due to the memory being 98% full following maps and software update via the Garmin Express on my PC.

Followed your feedback Ady1 and spoke with Avtex, who gave me the exact same instructions that you have supplied. will give it a try tonight and will update if successful or not.

Avtex Support did suggest going into map options on Garmin Express and reducing file size to see if that works - very helpful support team there.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook