avtex tourer one (770)

scubadesflier replied on 19/11/2018 18:01

Posted on 19/11/2018 18:01

I am trying to display custom POI's  (speedcams from pocketgpsworld) when I plan a route on my Avtex, but can't.  yet when I import data into Basecamp on my laptop I can see said speedcams.  I spoke to Garmin via their chat app and all he could suggest was contacting Garmin in the US to ask  for it as a new feature.  I can't understand why Garmin permit you to upload custom POI's if they don't provide a means of displaying them on the unit.  I also note that the speed limit notification that display as I drive around my local area are wrong and or inaccurate.  on a TomTom device there is a quick selection box that marks the spot as you drive past, ensuring a very accurate location fix.  But all Garmin offer is a web page where you have to enter Lt & Long when you have returned home.  not very impressed.  I am however impressed with the Sat nav in general and use it in my every day driving instead of my Vauxhall in car unit.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook