Avtex 'Smart' TVs

bill replied on 31/05/2023 10:08

Posted on 31/05/2023 10:08

I have had several Avtex TVs and really rate them for the quality of the tuner and picture quality.  I recently purchased one of their 'Smart' TVs where previously had the ones with the built in DVD players and have been rather disappointed although the picture quality and reception is as good as ever.  I pair my TV via my iPhone using 'Personal Hotspot' which works fine but it doesn't recognise the password for a second time which is a pain every time you log on.  The only way I have found to lessen the pain is to change the iPhone password to something easy to remember.  Apparently this is a problem unique to iPhone.
The other problem I discovered over the weekend was that when I selected 'ITV X', for the first time, it said 'not supported'.  Has anybody else had any problems with these TVs or is it just me ?

Bill

Simon100 replied on 31/05/2023 20:38

Posted on 31/05/2023 20:38

ITVX is a new service and the app is not supported by a number of older operating systems. It might be that the Avtex system is not able to run the ITVX app. Have you tried to download the app and/or update the Avtex OS to a new version?

bill replied on 01/06/2023 11:55

Posted on 31/05/2023 20:38 by Simon100

ITVX is a new service and the app is not supported by a number of older operating systems. It might be that the Avtex system is not able to run the ITVX app. Have you tried to download the app and/or update the Avtex OS to a new version?

Posted on 01/06/2023 11:55

Sorry I'm not that technical !  The TV shows the ITV X icon but comes up with a message when you click on it.  I assumed that I should have to sign in to ITV X  again as it's  another TV but don't get that far.

peedee replied on 01/06/2023 13:45

Posted on 01/06/2023 13:45

What is the model? If it is one of the WS series then there is a go to your App store on pressing the menu button. Have a look to see if there is an ITV X App and download it.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook