Avtex One Plus Sat Nav

Jim Day replied on 03/08/2018 12:59

Posted on 03/08/2018 12:59

Don't know for if this has been asked before if it has I apologise in advance 

Does anyone have any experience of using / owning the Avtex One Plus SatNav are they any good etc 

Rufs replied on 03/08/2018 14:26

Posted on 03/08/2018 14:26

I Jim just asked the same question but put mine in technical information etc caravan, I have been using snooper for last couple of years, which has been ok, however, i am on my second device both devices failed at the USB power connector/main board. Performance products have just written off my second device as uneconomical to repair and offered me 25 % discount on new device, not keen to take this root, so watch out for snooper if it is on your list, this used to be pushed by the club but is now being pushed by the other club

Jim Day replied on 03/08/2018 14:36

Posted on 03/08/2018 14:36

Thanks for that Rufs I use a Garmin at the moment but getting fed up of it taking me down some impossible roads when towing so thinking of getting the Avtex one plus as it says it's programmable for caravan / motorhomes but wanted to know if anyone has used one without any problems did you get any replies yet 

hitchglitch replied on 03/08/2018 17:02

Posted on 03/08/2018 17:02

I have a Garmin which I believe is identical to the Avtex but considerably cheaper. The Avtex has sites listed but you can get this by downloading Archie’s POIs. Excellent device but with the usual caveats of any SatNav. I like the speed limit indication which we have found very useful in Europe.

Rufs replied on 03/08/2018 17:17

Posted on 03/08/2018 17:17

HG the one advertised in the club magazine comes with inbuilt dash cam and some other bells & whistles like all the C&MHC sites listed but with hard carrying case this runs in at , £400, dash cam may get you 10% off your insurance if you are with the right company, but at £400+ it is a tad expensive.

Anne379 replied on 07/08/2018 16:01

Posted on 07/08/2018 16:01

I've got an Avtex one plus.  Yes it's definitely pricey but I wouldn't leave home without it and consider it the best bit of kit I've bought for the motorhome.  It has the added advantage of having a camera so records your journey too and this can be saved if necessary.  It can also be changed to use for motorhome/caravan or car so I can use it in either vehicle.  Just put your dimensions in and save them then you can select for either outfit as you wish.  Speed cameras, speed limits, sharp bends, roadworks plus loads more information as well as being able to select your site or local attraction/supermarket, petrol station, etc. with almost one press of a button.  Just toured Scotland with it and have been so impressed.  Definitely use it on longer journeys in the car as well as for the motorhome even though the car has an inbuilt sat nav which I find to be rubbish by comparison to the Avtex! 

Swift 530 replied on 03/09/2018 16:40

Posted on 03/09/2018 16:40

Currently using Snooper unit bought just a month before they introduced Free Map Updates!!

Found the Snooper interface to be non-intuitive and quite clunky, also touch screen not very reliable (on second screen)

I looked on the halfords web site for the Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D, which I believe is the same model as the Avtex. There are a number of reviews (27 I think) which are a bit mixed but do give you the pro's and cons.

Has any one any experience of the Tom Tom Go Camper Sat Nav, which seems to be the latest model in this category?

One general point, I would be wary of buying a combined unit, any problems/breakages and both are rendered unusable. Also, rightly or wrongly, Feel you can buy a much better dash cam by buying a stand-alone unit??

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook