Aquastar water treatment

zider replied on 27/03/2016 21:33

Posted on 27/03/2016 21:33

I am trying to buy some aquastar 3 to flush my motorhomes water pipes at the start of the season,i use it every time i have layed up my motorhome but the trouble is nowhere can i get any this year, I also use 1 and 2 to descale water heater prior to flush out. Amazon says "out of stock we do not know when we will have it in stock", anyone know if there is a production problem, or product taken out of sale for any reason, and is there another product to flush my drinking water pipes after a layup, regards friends

andanymore replied on 04/08/2016 13:47

Posted on 04/08/2016 13:47

Truma no longer make this Aquastar or any other. See the Truma website . Apparently too expensive to re-licence under new EC rules. Pity, it was good stuff. Blaenavon caravans are still listing it in stock. There is no suitable non-corrosive  equivalent available in the uk that I know of. Try sourcing from USA or Europe. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

andanymore replied on 09/09/2016 11:20

Posted on 09/09/2016 11:20

Update: have  located and purchased a similar product from the popular company Elsan. It is called Elsil and contains hydrogen peroxide and silver like the Truma brand . Costs about £7 for 10 x 100litre treatment. Easy to use and no problems so far.

Fysherman replied on 09/09/2016 15:51

Posted on 09/09/2016 15:51

VWP has been used in the brewery and pub trade for cleaning beer lines for many years.

I use it twice a year and have done so for donkeys.

DJ789 replied on 19/07/2018 15:16

Posted on 19/07/2018 15:16

I believe that Elsil will do the job just great!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook