Aqua roll covers - advice

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 18:43

Posted on 13/08/2022 18:43

I have a cover for my 40 litre Aqua Roll (pictured); I cannot remember the brand or where I bought it. .  

The problem I have with it is that it is a very snug fit. I know it doesn't look it from the picture, but trust me it is. The rubber "tyres" around the Aqua Roll produce heavy friction against the fabric of the cover with the result that it is extraordinarily hard work to extract the roll from the cover and to put the roll into the cover. I find it immensely irritating and I would really like to find a cover that is not such a tight fit. Rather than buy lots of different covers until I find one that works, I wondered if anyone knew of one. I suspect maybe it needs a cover which does not have such heavy fabric, but I'm not sure.

Forgive me, but I don't want workarounds or alternative solutions - just a cover that is not so exhausting and annoying to put on or take off!

Does anyone know of one. Thank you for any help you can give. 

Graham

Cornersteady replied on 13/08/2022 18:58

Posted on 13/08/2022 18:58

Just get a larger bag? The one there looks like the ones we use for the awnings purchased a few years ago, they came in a variety of different sizes. Try a camping/caravan shop?

Post edit a quick search found this on amazon Here

heddlo replied on 13/08/2022 19:01

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:01

We have one from ‘Bags 4 Everything’.  It’s a fairly stiff canvas-type fabric (admittedly we purchased this over 10 years ago now!) so it doesn’t seem too hard to put it away but as you say the rubber tyres around the Aquaroll do get a bit stuck occasionally but nothing too frustrating.  OH often turns the Aquaroll upside down and puts the cover on from above, for some reason it seems to work better! 

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 19:38

Posted on 13/08/2022 18:58 by Cornersteady

Just get a larger bag? The one there looks like the ones we use for the awnings purchased a few years ago, they came in a variety of different sizes. Try a camping/caravan shop?

Post edit a quick search found this on amazon Here

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:38

Thank you for your help. I realise, of course, that I need a larger bag. What I was asking was whether anyone knew of a dedicated Aqua Roll cover that did not have the problem I outlined. My bag was specifically for an Aqua Roll.

However, the bag you have shown looks a possibility but I would need to check the measurements. My van is in storage so I can't check immediately. Thanks again. 

Sadly there is no camping or caravan supplier close to me now. It is easier to buy online.  

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 19:42

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:01 by heddlo

We have one from ‘Bags 4 Everything’.  It’s a fairly stiff canvas-type fabric (admittedly we purchased this over 10 years ago now!) so it doesn’t seem too hard to put it away but as you say the rubber tyres around the Aquaroll do get a bit stuck occasionally but nothing too frustrating.  OH often turns the Aquaroll upside down and puts the cover on from above, for some reason it seems to work better! 

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:42

Thank you. I did already look at their website this afternoon. I did an internet search, and found a number of options, but it is very hard to tell if any of the bags would be better. I saw that the company you mention do a bag in a lighter material. Obviously it might not give the same protection, but instinct tells me that it might be easier to put on and off. I do the upside down thing as well to put the bag on. I find it is pretty much the only way. Thank you for your suggestion.   

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 19:46

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:13 by Whittakerr

I’ve had a couple of bags for various items custom made from

www.bagsandcoversdirect.co.uk

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:46

Thanks very much; that looks like it might well be the solution. I bought my wheel covers from Bags & Covers. I did not think to look at them for an Aqua Roll cover. I think I'll call them on Monday and get some advice. Thank you - excellent suggestion. 

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 19:49

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:13 by Whittakerr

I’ve had a couple of bags for various items custom made from

www.bagsandcoversdirect.co.uk

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:49

Duplicated post, sorry! First time it didn't appear so I thought I had not posted it. Web site issue.  

Cornersteady replied on 13/08/2022 19:56

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:38 by Graydjames

Thank you for your help. I realise, of course, that I need a larger bag. What I was asking was whether anyone knew of a dedicated Aqua Roll cover that did not have the problem I outlined. My bag was specifically for an Aqua Roll.

However, the bag you have shown looks a possibility but I would need to check the measurements. My van is in storage so I can't check immediately. Thanks again. 

Sadly there is no camping or caravan supplier close to me now. It is easier to buy online.  

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:56

Sorry I didn't mean to sound as if you hadn't realised that GJ, we've found that buying bigger then 'rolling away and tying up the the extra' usually works better for us (but we are generally lazy).

Hope you find what you want.

Another post edit on aqua roll bags here

Graydjames replied on 13/08/2022 20:50

Posted on 13/08/2022 19:56 by Cornersteady

Sorry I didn't mean to sound as if you hadn't realised that GJ, we've found that buying bigger then 'rolling away and tying up the the extra' usually works better for us (but we are generally lazy).

Hope you find what you want.

Another post edit on aqua roll bags here

Posted on 13/08/2022 20:50

No worries at all, thank you. I am lazy too; that's why the bag that I have drives me mad because it takes so long and so much effort to get it off and put it back on again. There are some good options on Amazon and one of them that might work is only £8.99 so worth the risk of buying. I am slightly embarrassed that I did an internet search this afternoon, but did not find much - mostly it was stuff on eBay.  

Burgundy replied on 13/08/2022 20:56

Posted on 13/08/2022 20:56

I have a genuine FL Hitch man aquaroll bag, which I bought a few years ago. The latest ones are available from Cannock Caravans on eBay for £16.85. I find it easier to turn the aquaroll upside down and fit the bag over rather than fit the aquaroll into the bag, and tip the aquaroll out again to use it. The material is quite thick and more rigid than a lot of bags. Hope this helps

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook