Air porch awning

backshiftbill replied on 27/09/2019 14:49

Posted on 27/09/2019 14:49

I am considering changing to an air awning and have seen an Outwell Cove air,  {lightweight}.

Any info or experience of this manufacturer / or feedback from any member who has purchased

an Outwell Air product, would be appreciated.

TheWards replied on 18/10/2019 15:42

Posted on 18/10/2019 15:42

Hi,

I have had a Portico air 200 from Towsure manufactured by Sunncamp. I am very disappointed with both the performance of the air tubes as 1 had to be replaced within 12 months and the replacement has only lasted 2 years. I have been told by the manufactures that this is acceptable and they want £52.00 for a replacement nearly a quarter of the cost. 

based on this I would not recommend an air awning and stick to the poled version. I have an isabella full awning and this has been fine for over 10 years and a Kampa 390 which has ben fine for the last 5 years so I would go for a poled one now every time.

Cheers

Tim 

JVB66 replied on 18/10/2019 15:58

Posted on 18/10/2019 15:58

Our local camping store has a large (they say)stock of replacement air tubes for tents and awnings and the staff advise that they are one of their most "popular"linessurprised

mickysf replied on 19/10/2019 20:20

Posted on 19/10/2019 20:20

I'm afraid that's my experience too but the company I bought from have been excellent with regard to replacement tubes. However, the warranty  period is quite understandable coming to an end and I totally understand that this very reasonable support will soon end. let's hope the latest replacement tubes will last!

backshiftbill replied on 26/10/2019 12:24

Posted on 26/10/2019 12:24

Thanks to all who replied, will stick to my poled awning, as don' have the time or inclination to constantly repair/ replace tubes. sometimes old technology is best   Kind regards to all

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook