Adria replacement window after break-in

IanTG replied on 11/02/2022 08:24

Posted on 11/02/2022 08:24

Hi, unfortunately our 2020 Adria Adora Isonzo was broken into, even though stored in an indoor barn location, through multiple padlocked gates/doors. My brothers motor home and caravan were similarly affected.

Luckily, nothing was stolen, as being in February, the van was virtually empty (certainly nothing of value), but inside was ransacked. The biggest problem is a side window was smashed. Adria dealers are quoting 12-16 weeks minimum for a replacement. Eeco are UK-based replacement window manufacturers but this window is too new for their moulds (!) so they cannot help.

We are now reluctant to place the caravan back in its undercover storage, which is isolated, in case they return having identified the location as a small storage unit.

In the short term, I’ve masked the window with thick polythene, but clearly I need a permanent fix.
Anyone any other ideas? Other manufacturers? Caravan scrap yards?

thanks

Extugger replied on 12/02/2022 08:30

Posted on 12/02/2022 08:30

Give John Burton a call at Cara Caravans, Stoke on Trent 01782 598887 He maybe able to help. You’ll need your chassis number 

IanTG replied on 15/02/2022 09:11

Posted on 15/02/2022 09:11

Thanks Extugger. With the help of Adria UK, he’s managed to get an estimated delivery time of approx 4 weeks. Better than other options so fIngres crossed.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook